Toyota Nation Forum banner

New to the forum need some help.

618 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  75aces 
#1 · (Edited)
I first wanted to say hello and look forward to to reading the threads on here and hopefully contribute. I am an american car guy but have worked on Avalon's, Celica's etc.

My G/F has a 2005 Corolla, in November her SES light came on when we first started dating she took it to the dealership and they said it was her charcoal canister and charged her 800.00 to replace it. A few weeks went by and it came on again so I decided to buy a new fuel cap from the dealer and cleared the code. Well it came back again this time I read the purge valve by the intake could cause it so I went and swapped that out cleared the codes and did a full tune up while I was at it (tis was 3 weeks ago).

This last friday the light came on and I pulled the codes which I will list below. It seems like there are too many codes going off at once.

P2401 showed up twice
P2402 showed up twice
P043e showed up twice
P043f
P2419
P0435

The car runs fine, I checked the hoses by the charcoal canister which are new and by the purge valve everything seems fine. I know the light came on the day after she had to have a new key programed back in November "our first date".

Can someone point me in the right direction here I have researched this for countless hours and on many forums and keep going in circles. Also her ECM was not part of the recall when I contacted Toyota. Also all parts I replaced I purchased from the dealer and are genuine toyota, except the key.

See less See more
#5 ·
The car is out of warranty, it has 103,000 miles on it. Unless there is an extended emissions warranty because of all the issues I don't know about.

I actually said the same thing to her that it's a 20 minute job when i looked under the car. When I looked at the invoice it showed 98.00 diagnostic fee, 500 for the canister and 100 labor. But then again this was after our first date. This time i'm going in with her.

#7 ·
You should inquire with your state emission testing laws. Here in California, emission warranty goes 7 years or 75k which ever comes first. IIRC, it also states it in the owners manual. You may be covered by the federal emission laws. I forget what the mileage is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.