How to Reprogram 03 Corolla S remote keyless entry fob - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008) 9th generation Corolla and 1st generation Matrix discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-24-2007, 02:53 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
How to Reprogram 03 Corolla S remote keyless entry fob

The remote recently stopped working so I replaced the battery. It's still not working. Called the dealer and they can't get me in for a few days plus they said it will cost $50. Is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-26-2007, 09:43 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Re: Help reprogram 03 Corolla remote door opener/key fob

Today, 07:36 PM Qslim vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);
Former Toyota/ASE Master

Trader Rating: (0)

Re: Help reprogram 03 Corolla remote door opener/key fob
Quote:
Originally Posted by corolla03
Hi,

I posted a thread a couple days ago saying that my remote keyless door opener is no longer working. I replaced the battery but it's still not working. I tried using the directions you gave to the owner of an 05 Corolla trying to program a second transmitter but I'm not sure if this is correct for what I'm trying to do or if it's different depending on the car (03 vs. 05): http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t211232.html.

The problem is that I'm not sure if I should use the add mode or rewrite mode or what. And I seemed to get stuck on step 3; not sure how to register the new recognition codes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Frances

I'll check to see if the directions are the same for your MY in a little while. Do me a favor and put this in a post in that same thread, and I'll help you out. I like to put stuff up in the forum vs private messages, that way it makes it searchable to everyone.
#3 Old 09-26-2007, 09:53 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
03 Corolla Transmitters Not Working

OK, this is how it all started...

a few weeks ago the transmitter stopped working at locking the doors then after a few more tries, it stopped working at unlocking as well.

Then I did a search and found the info about programming and tried it. I didn't totally understand them and I may have accidentally put it in prohibition mode. The reason I think this is that now I tried my second transmitter and that doesn't work either.

When I try the programming instructions it all works fine and I get to the point when I turn the key in the ignition from on to lock a certain number of times. The doors unlock and lock a few times (depending on how many times I did the "on-lock" thing.) Then I do the step where you take the keys out of the ignition and hold the lock and unlock buttons together for 1 -1.5 seconds and then press the lock button for less than 3 seconds. Nothing happens.

So, do you think I've put it in prohibition mode based on this feedback and if so, where do I go from here? The dealer will charge something like $170+ per new transmitter and $50 to program.

Thanks for any help provided!
#4 Old 09-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Former Toyota/ASE Master

Alright. The instructions you were using are indeed correct, otherwise you wouldn't be getting any sort of feedback.
As for right now, I would suggest you try 'rewrite' mode. This will erase any previously stored codes and re-register any new transmitters that you perform the last step with. Go through the process, and turn the key twice in the cylinder to select rewrite. I've always found these things to be finicky when you get to the last part where you press both buttons, then press the top button. I've always had better luck with doing it one right after another, if that makes sense. Give it a few more tries, and make sure that you're getting the proper response for 'rewrite' mode.

-- Get him, boy....

Hello to my NSA pals reading this on Echelon
#5 Old 09-28-2007, 10:02 AM
New TN User

Here are the instructions for the 2003 Toyota Corolla Model.

1. Start with the key out of the ignition. Open the driver door (all other doors are closed). Driver door is unlocked (other doors don’t matter).

2. Perform these steps within 5 seconds
a. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out
b. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) Pull key out

3. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition (don’t turn it) and pull it out.

4. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Close, then open the drivers door.
b. Close, then open the drivers door.
c. Insert the key into the ignition and leave in the ignition.
d. Close the drivers door
Turn the ignition to ON (as far as you can go without cranking the engine), then back to off .
e. Remove the key from the ignition.

5. Within 3 seconds, the power door locks should lock then unlock automatically indicating successful entry into programming mode. Return to step 1 if the locks do not cycle at this point.

6. Perform these steps within 40 seconds
a. Press the lock and unlock buttons on the transmitter simultaneously for 1.5 seconds
b. Immediately after letting go of the lock and unlock buttons, press the lock button by itself and hold for 2 seconds. Within 3 seconds, the door locks should lock then unlock once indicating successful programming. If the door locks cycle twice, repeat steps 6a and 6b as the remote was not accepted.

7. Open drivers door

Last edited by Blue-Green; 09-28-2007 at 10:04 AM.
#6 Old 09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Former Toyota/ASE Master

Well, those are the instructions for 'add mode' only, which might not satisfy the OPs problem. If the system is in prohibition mode or the number of registered codes is maxed out, you'll have to use 'rewrite mode'. The complete set of instructions are here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/t211232.html

-- Get him, boy....

Hello to my NSA pals reading this on Echelon
#7 Old 12-27-2007, 08:31 AM
New TN User

I'm wondering if I have a programming issue as well that may be corrected by information on this thread....My 2003 Corolla has power door lock problems....... When all door locks are in the open position, they can all be locked from either the inside door switch or from the remote key fob. The problem is the three passenger doors won't unlock, just the drivre's door will. When all doors are locked, the door switch and the key fob will only unlock the driver's door, the other doors remain locked. Also, there is no horn honk when the doors lock, otherwise the horn works fine. Does this sound like something that could be corrected with programming, and if so, would that be Add or Re-write ? Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is very annoying.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008)