2006 Corolla CE Tire suggestions - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008) 9th generation Corolla and 1st generation Matrix discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 12-12-2007, 10:25 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2006 Corolla CE Tire suggestions

The stock tires on my corolla are the goodyear integrity tires. The tires are in my opinion sub-par performance. I spin my tires anytime it gets wet out even in 2nd gear. The traction is terrible for braking in the rain also. I also had to stop fast to avoid another accident and ended up bumping the trailer hitch on a f350 in-front of me. Well anyway I need some new tires and looking for some decent handling tires that have good wet traction. I need a good all around tire for a decent price. Any suggestions would be great.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 12-13-2007, 04:47 AM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbx507 View Post
The stock tires on my corolla are the goodyear integrity tires. The tires are in my opinion sub-par performance. I spin my tires anytime it gets wet out even in 2nd gear. The traction is terrible for braking in the rain also. I also had to stop fast to avoid another accident and ended up bumping the trailer hitch on a f350 in-front of me. Well anyway I need some new tires and looking for some decent handling tires that have good wet traction. I need a good all around tire for a decent price. Any suggestions would be great.

I just drove home on the stock tires on my '05 corolla in the rain. It was a scary experience. Anyone have any suggestions here?
#3 Old 12-13-2007, 04:56 AM
2001 Turbo Corolla S

Toyo Proxies are awesome, but I think they cost a bit.
#4 Old 12-13-2007, 11:10 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
I was looking at tires online and came across some Yokohama tires for $80. Tell me what you think.

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...fcs=false&fcb=
#5 Old 12-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Official TN Member

I put a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on my g/f 05 S. There definitely awesome in the wet. I also put them on a friend's 02 Accord and she loved them. www.tirerack.com has them for $96/tire.

08 Sienna Limited AWD
07 Taco DC TRD OR
#6 Old 12-16-2007, 11:14 AM
Official TN Member

Wink

I second the Goodyear Assurance Trippletreds! Awesome looking tread design. And they are great in the rain and snow!
#7 Old 12-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yokohama AVID TRZ, excellent tire, $68 from the tirerack plus shipping.
#8 Old 12-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Official TN Member

I have a red Corolla CE 2005, came with Goodyear integrity tires 185/65/15, replaced it right away, with Yokohama Avid TRZ 195/65/15, I have the same problems with stopping, with the rain we have here in the West Coast, British Columbia. Consumer Reports' gave a high rating on the Yokohama Avid TRZ.
#9 Old 12-16-2007, 03:41 PM
uʍop-ǝpısdn

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnacules View Post
Toyo Proxies are awesome, but I think they cost a bit.
That's right. Those are the only tires I'll buy now. I got 4 Toyo Proxes4 for 300 at Autobacs.

#10 Old 12-17-2007, 11:29 AM
Official TN Member

I would go with Yokohama Avid TRZ's they work Great. Also Continental Conti Extreme Contact tires are great. Those worked great on my 5.0 Mustang w3.90 gears so they should be champs on a Corolla!!!!!
#11 Old 12-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I Like Traffic Lights !!!

Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDTRD View Post
I put a set of Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads on my g/f 05 S. There definitely awesome in the wet. I also put them on a friend's 02 Accord and she loved them. www.tirerack.com has them for $96/tire.

You can't beat these tires in rain and they work very well on ice and snow.

My Cars, 2003 Matrix XRS, 2006 Corolla LE, factory leather.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/Bart68/Sigs/corsig.jpg
#12 Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbx507 View Post
The tires are in my opinion sub-par performance. I spin my tires anytime it gets wet out even in 2nd gear. The traction is terrible for braking in the rain also.
Yup .... same complaints here with my wife's '05 S ...... the stock tires absolutely svck out loud in the rain/wet, can't wait to replace them (although I'm a cheap bassturd, and won't replace them until they're worn out ) Shall keep posted tire recommendations in mind, for sure. It's scary, the difference between driving her 'Rolla in the rain and driving my '92 Celica in the rain - I feel completely comfortable driving at speed in the wet in my vert.....she slid into a curb and popped the front tire off the rim 2 weeks ago on a rainy day (luckily, no car/wheel damage, and I was able to just re-inflate the tire and all is well....luckily.)
I have no idea why Toyota chose those crappy tires as oem........ I guess they have long tread life and give good mpg ?? Because they aren't particularly good at the important/fun parts of driving, i.e grip !!!
#13 Old 12-18-2007, 09:56 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05_Echo View Post
You can't beat these tires in rain and they work very well on ice and snow.
We haven't had the chance to experience them in the snow and ice but looking at the siping, they should be great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomS View Post
Yup .... same complaints here with my wife's '05 S ...... the stock tires absolutely svck out loud in the rain/wet, can't wait to replace them (although I'm a cheap bassturd, and won't replace them until they're worn out )...It's scary, the difference between driving her 'Rolla in the rain and driving my '92 Celica in the rain - I feel completely comfortable driving at speed in the wet in my vert.....she slid into a curb and popped the front tire off the rim 2 weeks ago on a rainy day
Don't be cheap when it comes to a love one's safety. If you love her, replace the tires!

08 Sienna Limited AWD
07 Taco DC TRD OR
#14 Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 AM
New TN User

I purchased 4 new Michelin X Radial DT tires from Sam's Club. Very happy with them. They were rated #2 after the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treads by Consumer Reports (for All Season tires). I paid $370 for all 4 (there was a $60 instant rebate in Sept when I got them). Plus you get free rotations and balancing for number of miles the treads are guaranteed. Yes, the Goodyear Assurance Triple Treds are supposed to be the Shizzle! But on the pricey side.
#15 Old 12-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Official TN Member

My daughter has a 2003 Corolla with 185-65-15 tires that are pretty worn. She lives in Chicago and is home in WV until next week. She would like to get tires that are better in Chicago winters. I've looked at Sams Club, Walmart, and Sears. So far the choices for all weather tires are Michelin Weatherwise II (Sears only), Goodyear Eagle G58 and H2, and BF Goodrich TA and TA Pro. I've read bad things about the BFG tires. Does anyone have experience with the Michelin WWII or Goodyear Eagles? I have Goodyear American Eagles on another car and like them, but there seems to be a huge variety of Eagles. Sams Club offers Mich X DT mentioned here but only on special order which might not arrive in time. Out of these choices, I'm leaning to the Mich WWII but read in one review these are inferior to the Mich X. Consumer Reports hasn't reviewed either of these. I would appreciate any suggestions.

91 Camry auto with 150000+ mi-best car ever
98 Tacoma ex cab 5 spd 1.7 liter with 85000 mi-new
98 Volvo V70 AWD with 140000 mi
Specialized Allez Elite
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008)