Toyota Nation Forum banner

ERROR Code #P0607 - My Experience

33K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  trcooper 
#1 ·
i own a 2006 Toyota Corolla S... blue.... yesterday (6.9.08)... the car jutted a few times and completely shut off... i tired to rev the car to bring up the RPMs as with older cars but nothing.. it siltenly stalled and glided to the side of the road... i was able to make it to my brother-in-laws place and he has one of those error code reading machines that hook to the car computer... it gave me the dreaded Error Code #P0607 aka "performance control module"... I bought the car brand new in 2006... so this thing is bought from the car dealership, clean.. lol... after Googling the error i ended up here... and many were asking if the "module" was under the warranty... IT IS! but wait... IF it is the "Performance Control Module" then if you look in your paperwork and books you get from the dealer. Look in the back for "Emission Warranty"... some certain parts are covered under your "emission warranty" like the key one... the "Engine Control Module".. it's covered under the "emission warranty" for 8/80 or the 8 year/80,000 mile...i called the dealer/service department, they said its covered... i took it down to the dealer and got it fixed with NO charge to me... considering my car only had a shade over 43K miles... WELL under the 8/80 requirement... i HOPE that this was helpful and answered a lot of questions... sorry for the length... but its genetic... lol... let me know if this was helpful.. thanx :D

#2 · (Edited)
Error Code P0607 My Sad Experience

I must admit, I really like Honda cars. They've never let me down. But, I heard that toyota has a very good reputation so I left honda and joined the toyota family in April 2008. I bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE. The only thing that was missing was cruise control. After much talking and negotiation, the dealer said that they would install cruise control into the car at no cost to me. I said excellent! It's a deal! So I travel from pennsylvania to virginia last week. On the way home on interstate 95 (while using my newly installed cruise control). My car shuts off without warning. The check engine light comes on. I steer toward the side of the road and try to restart the car. It tries to start.. but doesn't turn over. To make a long story short. We had to be towed to a service station that says it is a code P0607 and they cannot fix it. So we had to be towed from virginia to pennsylvania $$$ and I had to pay 100 dollars for the "diagnostic". I'm trying to believe in Toyota. But I'm very brokenhearted by this entire experience. We left virginia at 10:00 a.m. and didn't get home until after 9:00 pm and now I have to call the dealer to inquire what this error code is all about. I'm very sad. Is this a common problem with toyota corollas?

#3 ·
I must admit, I really like Honda cars. They've never let me down. But, I heard that toyota has a very good reputation so I left honda and joined the toyota family in April 2008. I bought a 2007 Toyota Corolla LE. The only thing that was missing was cruise control. After much talking and negotiation, the dealer said that they would install cruise control into the car at no cost to me. I said excellent! It's a deal! So I travel from pennsylvania to virginia last week. On the way home on interstate 95 (while using my newly installed cruise control). My car shuts off without warning. The check engine light comes on. I steer toward the side of the road and try to restart the car. It tries to start.. but doesn't turn over. To make a long story short. We had to be towed to a service station that says it is a code P0607 and they cannot fix it. So we had to be towed from virginia to pennsylvania $$$ and I had to pay 100 dollars for the "diagnostic". I'm trying to believe in Toyota. But I'm very brokenhearted by this entire experience. We left virginia at 10:00 a.m. and didn't get home until after 9:00 pm and now I have to call the dealer to inquire what this error code is all about. I'm very sad. Is this a common problem with toyota corollas?
The ECU problems come in waves, I do not know why, but all the symptoms are the same and are covered under the emissions warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.