2006 Corolla fuse box cover picture - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008) 9th generation Corolla and 1st generation Matrix discussion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-30-2012, 04:50 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2006 Corolla fuse box cover picture

I bought a used 2006 Corolla that did not come with a cover for its in dash fuse box.

I cannot get the car out of park without pressing the button that overrides the parking brake. Im told I blew a fuse for the parking brake solenoid and one of the fuses should be for it. It might be called stop. Does anyone have a picture of the cover of their fuse box with the labels, or a diagram?

Also ive been pulling out fuses and might of put one in the wrong location. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
http://www.scribd.com/doc/54408387/58/Fuses

pg 237 shows the locations of the fuses for under the hood and steering wheel area. Zoom into the location of 19. Based on your symptoms, it sounds like that one is now missing or blown (15 amp). Once you get that fixed, check your 3 brake light bulbs to see if any of them are blown or melted. You can print out that page and take it with you as you uncomfortably lay on the drivers side floor.

Last edited by mikered30; 04-30-2012 at 06:44 PM.
#3 Old 04-30-2012, 07:20 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
That did not work. Neither the fuse replaced appeared to be blown, nor did my replacement do anything. Could the fuses be different for model type or year?
My brake lights seem to be working. Could I of fried the shift lock solenoid?

But you were very accurate about the fuses being in an uncomfortable location. Everything about this car (vs my old Nissan Altima anyway) seems to be easy to fix.
#4 Old 04-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Fuses should be the same on the 9thgen. Try 22 and 28 and finally 15. I should have mentioned that earlier, but I figured that 19 would have fixed it. Do the radio and other lights work on the car (interior and exterior)? Do you hear a click or noise when you step on the brake pedal?

Last edited by mikered30; 04-30-2012 at 08:18 PM.
#5 Old 05-01-2012, 02:31 AM
Official TN Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikered30 View Post
Fuses should be the same on the 9thgen. Try 22 and 28 and finally 15. I should have mentioned that earlier, but I figured that 19 would have fixed it. Do the radio and other lights work on the car (interior and exterior)? Do you hear a click or noise when you step on the brake pedal?
Based on the fact that he hasn't reported that his radio et al are dead, I'm going to guess that fuse 22 is the likely suspect here. Most of the other things on that fuse may not even be included on his car, so it's possible he wouldn't notice any problems.

2005 SSM Corolla S

5000k HID Projectors - DC Sports Strut Bar - Pioneer DEH-P9400BH Deck - 2x 300W Polk Subs - Sharkfin Antenna - Black Foglights
#6 Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer0T8 View Post
Based on the fact that he hasn't reported that his radio et al are dead, I'm going to guess that fuse 22 is the likely suspect here. Most of the other things on that fuse may not even be included on his car, so it's possible he wouldn't notice any problems.
And we have a winner! While I have no idea what an electric cooling fan is, I don't have cruise control and have never seen any anti-lock brakes light flashing.

I most likely pulled out the fuse and put that one into another slot. Im sure thats going to come back to haunt me. But until I have a proper diagram of the fuses that are in the car (many in those diagram have no fuses installed), im not messing around anymore.

Last edited by Armguy; 05-01-2012 at 03:12 AM.
#7 Old 05-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Official TN Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armguy View Post
And we have a winner! While I have no idea what an electric cooling fan is, I don't have cruise control and have never seen any anti-lock brakes light flashing.

I most likely pulled out the fuse and put that one into another slot. Im sure thats going to come back to haunt me. But until I have a proper diagram of the fuses that are in the car (many in those diagram have no fuses installed), im not messing around anymore.
http://archer.uerev.com/misc/car/fuses.pdf

I have a bunch of empty ones on mine as well - remember that the Matrix also uses the same base, so the fuse diagrams for it are the same (hence the rear wiper fuse, when I have never seen a 9th gen with a rear wiper).

As for electric fan, I suspect that is the blower fan for the cabin.

2005 SSM Corolla S

5000k HID Projectors - DC Sports Strut Bar - Pioneer DEH-P9400BH Deck - 2x 300W Polk Subs - Sharkfin Antenna - Black Foglights
#8 Old 05-01-2012, 11:08 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
The fan for the cabin was unaffected. Only not being able to get the car out of park normally was a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 9th Gen Corolla/1st Gen Matrix (2003-2008)