Toyota Nation Forum banner

QUICK SHIFTER/UNDER PANEL PROBLEM!! & DVD NAVIGATION??!!

3K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  xrs22 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to hte Matrix forum, but I was reading the replies and questions and it seems to me you guys give really good advice and everything, so I was wondering if anyone out there was having the same problem or has had the same problem and can maybe help me on particular problem. I bought the TRD Matrix Quick Shifter and installed with the help of a friend, and we followed the exact instructions that the shifter came with, in my '05 XRS. The link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4504869719&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Now the problem is, everytime I shift from a top gear to a bottom gear, it pops open the under pocket panel. It doesn't pot it open, say If I just shift from neutral to a bottom gear (2,4,& 6th) but everytime i go from 1st to 2nd, 3rd to 4th, or 5th to 6th, it pops it open. So now I have to drive around with the bottom panel open all the time which doesn't really look rite. I called up TRD and they said that the 03' parts have been approved for the 05' but TRD mechanics have been calling around across the nation with the same problem. When I took to TRD, even the mechanic, told me it's better if I went online and on forums to fix this rather than TRD do it caus they would charge me an arm and a leg to fix it. I was also wondering if you can get Navigation installed in a Matrix 05 XRS? PLEASE IF ANYONE CAN HELP WITH THIS QUICKSHIFTER PROBLEM GET BACK TO ME ASAP. My e-mail: Rocness@hotmail.com and AIM/AOL: Rocness81.

See less See more
#2 ·
How do u like the shifter? Besides the problem at hand. I was thinking of getting a short shifter also. I'm checking the diff. brands and what ever one's actually go to an XRS. I'm guessing the '03 and '05 are set up the same on the inside? How long did it take to install?

#3 ·
THe shifter is nice man, the throw is shorter, faster shifting = faster acceleration. It's really nice, but there is that problem. If you get it done, get it done by TRD. My mistake was I got it done by a friend, even though my friend prob did a better job than TRD would have done. But the thing is if u get TRD to do it, and get the same problem, they have to fix it at no charge because they installed it. My problem is that since i let my friend do it, there gonna use that as an excuse to not fix it, or if they do fix it, they're gonna be like, since ur friend messed up, we're gonna have to look at it and charge u by the hour to fix it. That's y i came here to see if there was anyone who had made their own "rig" in fixing this problem. But If I can't find any help here, then I guess all my Xmas money is gonna go to TRD to fix this problem.

#5 ·
No TRD is at your toyota dealer. U go to your dealer, and go to parts and services, and the parts that you order are TRD, for example, Toyota Racing Development or TRD Intake, TRD Exhaust, TRD Clutch, TRD Big Brake Kits, TRD quick Shifter, and so on these are all upgrades of stock parts, caus they are made more for racing and performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.