Toyota Nation Forum banner

Pretty loud squeaking noise coming from rear tire area

7K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  jlh92 
#1 ·
Hello. I noticed when I go over over bumpy road surfaces, there is a pretty loud high pitched squeaking noise coming from the rear right tire area.

Sometimes it goes away completely, then comes back again after some days.

I'm pretty sure it's some suspension components is worn out.

I think ill make a vid of the sound today, want to fix this asap.

#2 ·
Hello. I noticed when I go over over bumpy road surfaces, there is a pretty loud high pitched squeaking noise coming from the rear right tire area.

Sometimes it goes away completely, then comes back again after some days.

I'm pretty sure it's some suspension components is worn out.

I think ill make a vid of the sound today, want to fix this asap.

Strut.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#7 ·
Found the noise source......... it is my rear seats. When I rock the middle headrest from side to side it causes the seat to move a bit and make that annoying squeaking noise. Then, it stops completely. Will look into what exactly's making the noise and grease it up or something.... At least it's not my suspension making noises.

#8 ·
You can hear it, but don't feel a vibration per say? Does it sound anything like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w_5bIkqadE

This might help:

http://home.cogeco.ca/~corolla/NV011-03%20REAR%20PACKAGE%20TRAY%20NOISE%20REPAIR%20TIPS.pdf

Also, the 3 rear seat belt retractors' locking and recoil mechanism caused an annoying rattle in mine. After removing the plastic deck lid cover, you'll see the noisy large ball bearing on the passenger side of all 3 retractors behind clear plastic cover, and wound recoil spring on the other side. I killed the noise by wraping them up with insulating foam tape secured with electrical tape, without restricting belt movement. Further insulating could be achieved by installing rubber washers between retractor, bolt and chassis...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.