Toyota Nation Forum banner

EGR Delete vacuum line setup , help needed.

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bobs88 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I recently picked up a 88 Corolla GTS and I performed a EGR delete when I "upgraded" my header for a OBX one. I am having issues with the vacuum line setup. The previous owner taped some off and seems like he rerouted stuff with non OEM hoses and idk it just doesn't look right. I capped off about 2 or 3 I believe which I think are correct since I got it from searching the forums but for some reason my setup looks different from the drawings and pictures I've seen.

If anyone of you guys can just post a picture of your setup or tell me what I'm doing wrong I would REALLY appreciate it. Thank you.

I'll try to get a picture some time today or tomorrow morning.

#2 ·
I tried running the car again today and it chokes out. It'll start up no problem the first time, I can rev it for about 2 seconds to keep it from dieing but then it dies out. If I try to start it up again right after it dies it won't start at all the car will just crank but not turn over. I don't know if it's the vacuum lines being set up wrong but I'm suspecting it's the issue.

Here's the pictures of the current mess, anything wrong? Please I would appreciate the help, I miss driving this car.

#4 ·
It was running fine but I had to remove the header due to being cracked so I both the OBX header to replace it. Thing is the EGR doesn't line up so I removed it like most of the guys who get it.

I capped off some of the vacuum lines that went to the EGR, and the previous owner had some capped off. Now I'm wondering, which and if one is capped off that shouldn't be is causing the start up and choke out problem. I doubt the MAF could be the culprit but I could be wrong.

Almost forgot ,the car is fuel injected.