#1 Old 05-31-2007, 08:05 PM
Kliddybaba!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
(Thread Starter)
4age/4afe wiring diagrams

does anyone have the complete engine wiring diagrams for the usdm mk1 mr2 4agze, 4age, and the ae92 4afe? im thinking of doing a swap, but i want to get all the preperation done (i.e. i wanna know what im getting myself into). if you have these, please email them to me @ fistofmeat@gmail.com would the tranny from a mk1 mr2 drop into the ae92, or would i have to use the original ae92 tranny, or would i have to get a gts tranny? what about the ecu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by REN69
OMGWTFBBQ!!! he must have typed it on his blackberry.
"Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a fat missionary."
-Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 05-31-2007, 09:15 PM
TN Post Wh*re

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
never buy an engine for a swap without the ECU and harness.
#3 Old 05-31-2007, 10:00 PM
Senior TN Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
^^^hahaha... why not?

i had (traded it) an 87 mr2 that i threw in an ae101 4agze.... it came with a cut harness.... ran it on Megasquirt and i have yet to see another mk1 gze (on stock or ~10 psi boost) pull nearly as hard...

the ae86 won't work for you.... it'll be a pain.... it'll also be much more expensive.... an ae92 would be your best bet... but the mk1 mr2 will be the cheapest and easiest to find (I actually have a full engine harness)

1) 2004 IS300 Manual/LSD/Sportdesign 2) 2010 Corolla S 5 speed 3) 1986 MR2 "MK1.22" 5sfe/s54 swap 3) 1995 Ford Explorer 4x4, TT/AAL/custom shackle lift, 31"s
#4 Old 05-31-2007, 11:48 PM
New TN User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotaspeed90
^^^hahaha... why not?

i had (traded it) an 87 mr2 that i threw in an ae101 4agze.... it came with a cut harness.... ran it on Megasquirt and i have yet to see another mk1 gze (on stock or ~10 psi boost) pull nearly as hard...

the ae86 won't work for you.... it'll be a pain.... it'll also be much more expensive.... an ae92 would be your best bet... but the mk1 mr2 will be the cheapest and easiest to find (I actually have a full engine harness)
you didnt need anynmore the ECU thats why .

but for major part of those who swap engin, they did,t will or want change the complete management systeme .
and megasquirt and stand alone systeme require a good computer skill to do the setting .

doing it with the harness and the right ECU is the easyest way

fistofmeat vbmenu_register("postmenu_1789988", true);

tomorrow a can give you the pin out at the ECU for the 4A-FE

i never find the complete wireing , but i do a swap on my AE92 4 door . i swap the 4AGE in the car , the job is not alreddy finish bu on the good way .

you will have juste a few wires tu change on the chassi harness and if you are lucky the fuses box in the hood will be the same, the only place were the wiering give a real head ake is the connector to go to your cluster and dash .

Last edited by ToyMat; 06-01-2007 at 12:03 AM.
#5 Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM
Kliddybaba!

(Thread Starter)
would i have to use the mr2 radiator, because i notice that the coolant line ont he 4age is going to the other side of the engine than on the 4afe. would the tranny off of the mr2 bolt up with the ae92 4dr perfectly, or would i have to aquire a gts tranny, or would the original tranny be sufficient? can someone who has completed the swap give me a list of parts that have to be swapped from the mr2, as well as a list of parts that i need specifically for the gts that i can't use from the mr2? to toyotspeed, is the wiring for the 4agze much different from the wiring in a 4age? what would need to be changed, if i use the mr2 ecu, what wiring would i have to redo besides the cluster wiring?

to toymat, did you use the mr2 4age, or the ae92 4age? if you used the ecu form the 4age, what other wiring did you do to make it work (so far), if you used the 4afe ecu, was the wiring easy to figure out? will any other harnesses need to be rewired other than the ecu?

thanx in advance

Quote:
"Whenever cannibals are on the brink of starvation, Heaven, in its infinite mercy, sends them a fat missionary."
-Oscar Wilde
#6 Old 06-02-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior TN Member

the 4agze is vastly different..... there's a whole lot more going on both on the engine side and on the "body" side.... esp. since the s/c mr2 had switches & lights & relays for the s/c.... (the switch i'm referring to is the fuel switch... there wasn't a stock switch for the s/c to be on/off... that's controlled by the relay and ecu).... on top of that you'll have to find an alternator that will fit the 4agze or convert your charging system to that of the 4agze.... (it used an external regulator)

things you'll "need" (this is if you use the stock wiring harness and have a complete harness)
-harness
-ecu
-ALL electrical components from the engine

if you want to keep the PS then you'll need the PS pump and lines from a gts/gsi... otherwise loop the lines (which is what I did in my sr5)

for the radiator you'll either need a gts/gsi radiator, or make an adapter like the fx16 had (which still used the center outlet on the radiator, but used 2 upper hoses and a metal adapter that wrapped around)

for the transmission.... you're fine... it will bolt up w/ no problem.... you have a C50 transmission... almost identical to the transmission in the 84-early 87 mr2's and identical to the fx16's.... it might be a good idea to get a new clutch since you're in there.... you WILL need an 8 bolt 4age flywheel that MATCHES your clutch.... IE if you have a 200mm clutch you'll need an ae86 flywheel (which is what I suggest), if you have a 212mm clutch you'll need a later mr2/ae92 flywheel

you'll need to modify or upgrade the exhaust...... the downpipes don't match up to the stock stuff

1) 2004 IS300 Manual/LSD/Sportdesign 2) 2010 Corolla S 5 speed 3) 1986 MR2 "MK1.22" 5sfe/s54 swap 3) 1995 Ford Explorer 4x4, TT/AAL/custom shackle lift, 31"s
#7 Old 06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Kliddybaba!

(Thread Starter)
clutch was recently replaced, but i might go ahead and replace it while im in there. how do i tell whether it's the 200 or the 212 mm clutch? is there any modification that will need to be done to use the gts flywheel, or will it go in exactly the same as the original? by all electrical components, do you mean all that were attached to the engine in any way? what would i be able to keep? what about if i went regular 4age instead of 4agze? other than exhaust modification, switching/modding the radiator, swapping the engine, ecu, and all the rest of the components attached to the engine, what would i need? using the 4age ecu, what rewiring would i have to do? this is all assuming that i get my 4age from an mr2, since they are identacle, right?

Quote:
-Oscar Wilde
#8 Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Resident asshole

Quote:
how do i tell whether it's the 200 or the 212 mm clutch
Use a F'n tape measure or a ruler.

At the end of the day a swap is a swap, I'd go for the GZE, at this point its probably the same as a GE in difficulty. Have you read the stickies on engine swaps?
#9 Old 06-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Senior TN Member

actually it's easier to tell if it's a 200 or 212.... it's probably a 200..... but the 200's surface that mates with the clutch doesn't extend out as far as the starter ring gear.... the 212's do

if you do a ge or a gze there will be a lot of rewiring at the ends that connect to the body.... all of the mr2's connect from the engine to the ecu/body in the trunk..... then the body runs from the trunk throughout the car..... so it's a bit different than you think.....

by all accessories at the very least (unless you go with MS or something similar) you'll need:

harness
ecu
AFM
clt sensors
injectors
CSI
o2 sensor
knock sensor (if smallport)
vsv's

etc....

#10 Old 03-18-2008, 03:13 AM
aux
Official TN Member

AE92

ok well i found the same ae92 for under a very decent price. there is a small spot of rust on the rear fender, and has a few flat tires. its also an automatic so that means im gonna have to pull the ecu, wiring harness, shifter linkage, shifter, 4age and tranny from this beat-to-fuck old ae82 fx16 gt-s that im hoping didnt get crushed since i was last there.

since i found this thread searching for a dx 4age swap how-to, i need to know if there is anything that i forgot. the whole point in me buying this thing and doing the conversion is because i need a daily driver to do pizza delivery in, so i dont have to risk wearing out my ae92 gt-s doing the job. and the stock 4age seems to get decent gas milage. so all in all i cant loose using one engine type between my 2 cars. there is more security in that, having inter-swappable parts between 2 vehicles, especially just starting out in the world of 4age tuning. and the 4age is a solid little engine. its not the most powerful thing in the world, but its solidity is what turns me on. earlier i put too much oil in and could defoinatley feel the decrease in acceleration. there was rev, but the forward acceleration was decreased. but, it didnt burn off like crazy, so im impressed by that. in fact i didnt notice it burn a lick of oil, and thats an engine with 210,500 miles.

anyway, any swap info for auto 4afe to manual 4age conversion would be greatly appreciated... thnx

#11 Old 02-15-2011, 04:19 AM
New TN User

Dear All,

I recently purchased an 1990 Corolla liftback AE92/4A-FE/model=ae92l-alhnkw.
The interior light isn't working, but the fuse is O.K. and I can measure voltage on the fuse and the switch too, but no at any light bulb.

The previous owner has built out the alarm system, so I think he cut the wrong wire.

Could you please help me find and download a complete wiring diagram on the car?

Thanks
Gere

wxIWq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 6th Generation (1988-1992)