Toyota Nation Forum banner

4AGE 16V Smallport Part Numbers

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  slack3r 
#1 ·
Engine: 4AGE 16v Red Top smallport (red and black lettering on valve covers)

Me and my mechanic will be taking down my engine this weekend to replace my engine head at the same time since the engine will be out I will also be replacing the following

Timing belt
Piston Rings
Head Gasket
Valve Seals

Anyone have any part numbers they have so I can double check them with the part numbers that I have before I actually go and buy them to save time aswell.

Also anyone have part numbers for spark plug seals

Thanks

#2 ·
Engine: 4AGE 16v Red Top smallport (red and black lettering on valve covers)

Me and my mechanic will be taking down my engine this weekend to replace my engine head at the same time since the engine will be out I will also be replacing the following

Timing belt
Piston Rings
Head Gasket
Valve Seals

Anyone have any part numbers they have so I can double check them with the part numbers that I have before I actually go and buy them to save time aswell.

Also anyone have part numbers for spark plug seals

Thanks
I know you can't go by the lettering on the valve covers but I though the Red and black lettering generally told you that it's a 88~89 Big port and the all Red lettering was the small port 90+?? My 89, (Big port T-VIS), has the Red and Black lettering.

#3 ·
if it's a 4age there are no spark plug seals.... there is the center valve valley cover where the spark plugs go, but on a smallport there aren't any gaskets on it.

the timing belt, head gasket, and valve seals are the same on all 4age's.

the piston rings ARE specific to smallports..... if you can't find them they are the same as an 88-91 honda prelude.

if you're pulling the pisons you might as well put in new rod bearings.

#4 ·
Yep rod bearings gonna be replaced aswell... they don't really need to but since the engine will be out might aswell replace what I can replace..

mine is definitely a smallport just forgot the VIN number on the halfcut I got it from kinda misplaced it... oh well I got a hold of a store to buy parts from which should be OEM..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.