Toyota Nation Forum banner

found a prizm gsi

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  jordanangel 
#1 ·
was looking around today to see what was around my area for 4runners and then saw one for auction so i thought i'd check out geo prizms and see if maybe they put mine up and well instead i found a 90 prizm gsi for only $700 the catch from what the seller said is that 3rd gear in the manual trans doesn't work, its not in the best shape, has some rust around the top rear wheel well and has 235k miles on it, its. too bad i'm broke :lol:

#3 ·
maybe i'll get lucky and get the job with my friend and it might be still there when i have enough lol but it was just my luck i find my dream trim level of my old baby, its not a great color but i would paint it another i'm sure of that

#6 ·
I have a 1991 GSI with 103000 miles on it. I bought it from a guy the beginning of June. He bought it from a guy last April who owned it since 1993. He bought it for his wife to do errands around town. Niether of these guys knew what the car was. Anyway his wife did not like it. So two months later I bought it. I purchased a Prizm LSI new back in 1990 when they first came out. It had every option available including the sunroof. I owned for 16 years ( one of the best cars I have ever had ) but I always wanted a GSI, but extremely hard to get. Finally the dealership got in a red one in 1991 and I loved it. It had every option, but stickered at 15,000 to rich for me at the time. I have always kept my eye out for a used one. Aanyway it took me 20 years to finally get one. The car had low miles and mechanically had been well taken care of. Not being driven much in 20 years some things had to be worked on. Since I bough it this is what I have done. ( by the way I wanted to leave the car all stock and I have )
New rotors, brakes, calipers, flex lines all four corners
New dizzy old one seeping at O ring typical
Plugs, wires, cap, rotor
Front exhaust pipe had a hole in it replaced with stock
Rear muffler had just been replaced with a stock double outlet when I got it but no extensions or tips had to do that
Removed center caps on stock alloys and prepped the rims and painted black with a clearcoat and chrome lugs ( hard to find those special flat shank short lugs to fit )
Interior perfect never smoked in
Never wrecked ( thank God! )
sunroof of course rusted I removed it and sanded and prepped it anti rust primered it and coated all the metal lip with liquid bubber and had a guy here in town vinyl skin it in black cleaned and reinstalled the weather strip ( it turned out really good ) the black against the red makes it look like glass
Of course the stock radio had to go
Did not want to mess with removing the stock speakers so bought a 6 X 9 speaker enclosure that held 4 6 X 9's and was grey carpeted and put in the trunk. When I want to use it I just lower the back seats. The car sounds so good through the exhaust that I rarely turn on the stereo :)
The tires were already on the car and are directional dont remember what they are but are nice and fairly new so did not have to change them out.
The AC works perfect.
The car is extremely clean underneath still has factory paint hash marks on the suspension parts.
Oh, it is a 5 speed
I have had many people ask me about the car not knowing what it is. It is extremely fast even with the air on.
Do not know how long I will keep it, but if I do decide to sell it I will post it here first.

#7 ·
Forgot

I also tinted out the windows 20% all around and all the coolant hose replaced and new toyota red coolant. Royal purple in the gearbox ( shifts perfect ) my mechanic use to be Toyotas head mechanic here in my town. He has loved working on this old Prizm. He use to be the only one I would let work on my 1995 Previa SC alltrac. ( loved that van )

#8 ·
:eek: thats one sweet GSI. I'm gonna keep pushing for the job and gonna save up to hopefully buy a GSI but if i can't find one around my area or state then i'll get a 4runner :cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.