Toyota Nation Forum banner

ksports or d2

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  PhatRoyale 
#1 · (Edited)
i guess its time to save up for somthing new for the 92 sedan

anyways. ksports and d2 coilovers are at the same exact price range..but whats the difference? and which is better to use in orderto get slammed? and the occasional canyon run?

#4 ·
I like D2 just for the color...

Ever since my buddy who has a Tercel hit a pothole and his R/R coilover broke, it makes me think twice. But I want them badly for adjusting ability and what not. I'm not sure what brand he had.

#6 ·
neither.

get some koni yellows and some ground control sleeves and you'll have twice the suspension of either of those and it's about the same price...

#10 ·
Don't forget them being made in china or taiwan isn't all that matters. It depends also on the companies quality control...

Some more info on shocks if you are interested I found it useful. http://farnorthracing.com/autocross_secrets6.html

It only further supports the KONI route for shocks.

Also not all japanese companies products are made in taiwan but you have to really look into it to find out. CUSCO's shocks are produced by KYB from what I've heard... for example.

#11 ·
+1 on all of canadianae92's points. That's some solid advice :thumbup:

And REN69, yes, Cusco makes some good stuff, but considering the price you're paying for them, I would rather go with JIC or Tein coilovers since both companies have service centers in North America, in case you need to repair or rebuild with a short turn-around time, so you don't have to ship them all the way back to Japan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.