Toyota Nation Forum banner

my ricer matrix lol

8K views 71 replies 12 participants last post by  Dualvvtimatrix 
#1 · (Edited)
What's up TN,

After many years of lurking on this forum I've finally decided to share what I've been doing on the old matrix. I'm basically done modding it, well unless if I decided to get the turbokits.com turbo kit lol. Following mods include:

Suspension:
- Megan racing EZ street coilovers
- TRD front strut bar
- TRD rear sway bar
- ur 3 point forward lower brace
- ur interior room bar
- ur rear strut bar
- ur 19mm rear sway bar
- ur 2 point rear lower brace
- ur 2 point forward lower brace
- ur side lower braces

Wheels/brakes:
- sparco asseto Garra 17x7
- ichiba 15 mm wheel spacers
- power stop crossed drilled and slotted. rotors with ceramic pads

Engine:
- takeda Sri
- nst crank pulley
- TRD oil cap
- muffler delete ( the worst thing I've done to my car lol too loud and very ricey, being young and stupid sucks at times haha)

Exterior:
- nokoya yellow fog lights bulbs
- tinted head and fog lights
- 15% window tints ( I belive it's 3m)

Interior:
- cover king seat

Some pics:

See less See more
#2 ·
Sweet car man! I've never seen a modded matrix with the newer bumper style before, it looks fantastic. Nice parts list you got there too. :D

As for it being loud and obnoxious...many of us go through that phase.:lol:

#3 ·
Hell yeah! Another 2nd gen. Looks clean and Smancer is right, the later years are rare. Around here anyway.
Impressive list of braces. Can you take a pic of the rear strut and interior bar? I have been looking into those along with the additional rear sway Ultra offers. Have you done any autocross? Certainly set up for it.
Throw a resonator or muffler on it to quiet it down.
Welcome hope to see more posts from you!

#5 ·
Thanks guys will definitely try and post more, And yea I've been wanting to throw a borla or magna flow on it just been getting lazy lol. I've been really wanting to do some autocross with it, I just don't know were to go, I live in South florida, miami to be exact so if anyone knows I'd appreciate some feed back

And any kind of matrix or corolla around here that's modded is pretty rare too lol

Here are some pics of the rear interior room bar and rear strut, and sorry my car is kinda dirty lol:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_230819_zps7tu4jpfc.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_231158_zps2amkwmy0.jpg

#6 ·
Corolla TRD aka Alex lives near Miami. I met up with him when I was down that way in October. His is the blue one. :grin:

Nice to see that you modded a Matrix with the TRD and UR bars too. Several of us have them on our Corolla too including both Corolla TRD and myself! :D

Reactions: Will Geronimo
#9 ·
Oh awsome thanks supercharged, and btw your car is too bad ass man it inspired me to do the mods to my car, and corollatrd if you happen to read this lmk if you know of any autocross events in miami I'd really like to do one
Thanks! :D Alex goes to autocross his Corolla so he can help you with that. PM him if you want to get the info.

Also those ultra racing side lower bars, I actually have them but haven't figured out how to install them, you have to weld in something right ?
They are designed to be bolted in with the front and rear holes. The 3rd hole can be used with a larger screw if you drill out a hole for it or weld it like I had done. >:D

#15 ·
What's up TN

After many years of lurking on this forum I've finally decided to share what I've been doing on the old matrix. I'm basically done modding it, well unless if I decided to get the turbokits.com turbo kit lol.

Following mods include:

Suspension:
- TRD front strut bar
- TRD rear sway bar
- ur interior room bar
- ur rear strut bar
- ur 19mm rear sway bar

Wheels/brakes:
- power stop crossed drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads

Engine:
- takeda Sri
- nst crank pulley
- TRD oil cap
- muffler delete ( the worst thing I've done to my car lol too loud and very ricey, being young and stupid sucks at times haha)

Exterior:

Interior:
- cover king seat

Some pics:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142203_zpsjzmmz2nq.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142228_zpsafebn5lk.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142242_zpsmp0oymmg.jpg
Nice ride. Looks clean. Muffler delete can't be that bad. I did that to my xA and it sounded pretty nice actually..

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

#16 ·
What's up TN

After many years of lurking on this forum I've finally decided to share what I've been doing on the old matrix. I'm basically done modding it, well unless if I decided to get the turbokits.com turbo kit lol.

Following mods include:

Suspension:
- TRD front strut bar
- TRD rear sway bar
- ur interior room bar
- ur rear strut bar
- ur 19mm rear sway bar

Wheels/brakes:
- power stop crossed drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads

Engine:
- takeda Sri
- nst crank pulley
- TRD oil cap

Exterior:

Interior:
- cover king seat

Some pics:

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142203_zpsjzmmz2nq.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142228_zpsafebn5lk.jpg

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll162/javierlopez8000/20160128_142242_zpsmp0oymmg.jpg
Nice ride. Looks clean. Muffler delete can't be that bad. I did that to my xA and it sounded pretty nice actually..

I think I just got a little tired of it after a while, the sound of the borla axlet back or of a MagnaFlow muffler just appeals to me more now, more of a mellow sound and not so raspy, it sounds pretty good under 3000rpm but above that very raspy

#19 ·
I think I just got a little tired of it after a while, the sound of the borla axlet back or of a MagnaFlow muffler just appeals to me more now, more of a mellow sound and not so raspy, it sounds pretty good under 3000rpm but above that very raspy
Yup. I'm going to be throwing on a MagnaFlow muffler on my Rolla in the spring summer. The sound is very similar to a WRX and I heard the drone isn't too bad.

#22 ·
I just want to know why the UR interior room bar wasn't advertised for the 10thgen/2ndgen matrix but can be used with the 9th and 11th gen corolla? Can you give us closer pix where you screwed the UR interior room bar? Any good effects after installation? :) thanks sir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 ·
I just want to know why the UR interior room bar wasn't advertised for the 10thgen/2ndgen matrix but can be used with the 9th and 11th gen corolla? Can you give us closer pix where you screwed the UR interior room bar? Any good effects after installation? :) thanks sir!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
First time I saw Ultraracing bars was on SuperchargedMR2, I got hooked instantly, I also installed the UR bar, I took some pics for you.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/138261436@N08/shares/7BS4T2

#24 ·
It's because the matrix is essentially a corolla hatchback, they share the same exact suspension setup, except for the 2nd Gen matrix xrs which has an independent rear suspension set up. Virtually every bar can be used on the matrix that's for the corolla, and the interior room bar is adjustable so if the matrix or corolla is wider it doesn't matter, they hook up at the same points, it hooks up at the seat belt anchor on the floor. And yea supercharged car is a beast it inspired me to do all the bars

#32 ·
Never heard the 1.8 without an exhaust. But I'm sure its buzzy. Hence the "ricer" reference.
I like it, clean and low. I'm sure it handles well. Plus the newer body style really sets it apart.
Any other future mods planned???

#35 ·
So, should all of the front UR bars work on an 09 Vibe GT than? If so, which ones will work i.e. what year and model should I look for? And I've heard Celicas have the same IRS setup as 2nd gen Matrices / Vibes so are there any Celica rear suspension goodies I could add to my Vibe? I would love to stiffen up the suspension, but don't want to lower it because all the lowering options give way too much of a drop for my liking. FWIW, I have replaced the OEM "front strut brace" with the TRD one. Any and all information and opinions are greatly appreciated!

#36 ·
Stick to 10th gen corolla parts which would be 09 through 13 model years I believe. So you can basically use the 3 point fwd lower brace, the TRD strut bar which you have already and I believe even the rear interior room bar. You might be able to use the rear strut bar but I'm not sure if the rear upper strut mounts for the xrs are the same as the base model, maybe post a pic and I can tell you for sure. Now as for being able to use celica parts on the xrs matrix I'm not sure, I believe masterz has a xrs maybe he has more info on this

#37 ·
So, I should be able to use this one? What about this one that's listed for the Altis? I'm not really interested in the one that goes behind the front seats or the rear strut brace since I do haul rear seat passengers and my dogs around.

I believe MasterZ has a 2.4L Base (S?), not an XRS. I'll have to check out the Celica forum to find out more about the rear suspension.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.