refinancing lease - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum

10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum A place to discuss all things 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2010, 07:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View saltydog's Photo Gallery
USA refinancing lease

not sure if this has been discussed yet. i went for the lease in 08 for my corolla. my plan then and now was to refinance at end of lease because i kept my titan which will be paid off this summer. should i wait until end of lease and try to renegotiate price or just go with payoff i currently have? lease ends june 2011 just over $9000 ballon or return. i am leaning towards doing it now just incase interest rates go up next year. what do ya'll think.
thanks in advance
saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
One with the force

Gameroom cash: $186655
View joeylgarcia's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
not sure if this has been discussed yet. i went for the lease in 08 for my corolla. my plan then and now was to refinance at end of lease because i kept my titan which will be paid off this summer. should i wait until end of lease and try to renegotiate price or just go with payoff i currently have? lease ends june 2011 just over $9000 ballon or return. i am leaning towards doing it now just incase interest rates go up next year. what do ya'll think.
thanks in advance
the question is... in your contract, is there an option to end your lease contract at an earlier time ang get the chance to refinance whatever amount is left? normally, i do not think you can do that because early termination of a lease contract is similar to breach of contract. ask the finance officer in charge of your lease to find out exactly your options at this time because i could be wrong.

good luck tho!!!
joeylgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 12:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View OkSlim's Photo Gallery
Toyota doesn't refinance until the end of the lease.

They won't refinance a loan either.

I know this because I was trying to help my sister in law a few weeks ago and called them.
OkSlim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Honda city's Photo Gallery
I do not know if Toyota does this, but I do know that some finance companies will extend your lease month by month at the end. This would mean that you keep paying the monthly amount until you can make yor best choice. Some people do this to wait for a new model to come out. The finance company will be happy to take the monthly amount because the car is several years old and depreciated out.
Honda city is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View saltydog's Photo Gallery
never thought about the buyout. could be to expensive. just not sure that in a year the car will be what the end of lease price in value. i will definately be over the mileage. not sure by how much. well lesson learned. best to just wait it out and decide then. thanks
saltydog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2010, 11:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diehard Rams Fan

Gameroom cash: $1840566
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
View SuperchargedMR2's Photo Gallery
I will never lease a car because of the mileage issues. I want to drive when I want without worrying about mileage limits.

SuperchargedMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $763037
View cabur's Photo Gallery
Other than the mileage issue which can be negotiated on signing, leasing makes sense. No capital outlay and pay by before tax money if you are self employed or have a company. You can write it off as business expenses. A new car every 3-4 years. No repair bills. Only like in OP's case when he wish to change the terms of the lease then it's a issue.

LE, Smart Key, Limousine tint, Back-up camera and sensor. M.I.C. 7" DVD.

Last edited by cabur; 04-19-2010 at 12:07 AM.
cabur is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 12:57 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diehard Rams Fan

Gameroom cash: $1840566
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
View SuperchargedMR2's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabur View Post
Other than the mileage issue which can be negotiated on signing, leasing makes sense. No capital outlay and pay by before tax money if you are self employed or have a company. You can write it off as business expenses. A new car every 3-4 years. No repair bills. Only like in OP's case when he wish to change the terms of the lease then it's a issue.
I don't have a business that I could write it off & I like to own my cars to do what I want to them, so to me leasing is a waste. I was able to buy my car with no out of pocket anyway & than after 3 years the car will be mine free & clear without having to still owe a lot of money.

SuperchargedMR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
One with the force

Gameroom cash: $186655
View joeylgarcia's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltydog View Post
never thought about the buyout. could be to expensive. just not sure that in a year the car will be what the end of lease price in value. i will definately be over the mileage. not sure by how much. well lesson learned. best to just wait it out and decide then. thanks
at the end of a lease contract, renegotiate and choose refiinance. that way you lose less than just returning the car. over mileage is really going to cost you no matter what.
joeylgarcia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Ask your Mother

Gameroom cash: $451484
Garage
View sinnaever's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
I don't have a business that I could write it off & I like to own my cars to do what I want to them, so to me leasing is a waste. I was able to buy my car with no out of pocket anyway & than after 3 years the car will be mine free & clear without having to still owe a lot of money.
couldn't have said it better myself.

I always buy my cars. I am young(26), but for the 10 years of owning cars i know that leasing is a pain in the ass when it comes to what you can and can't do with a car. Like modifying a car is almost impossible with a leased car. At least thats my view.

Either way, good luck with trying to negotiate, Toyota dealers can be hard asses when it comes to contracts. Just remember they don't have to do anything for you because when you signed the contract, you committed to those terms.

sinnaever is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum