New gen 10 rolla owner... - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum

10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum A place to discuss all things 10th Gen Corolla and 2nd Gen Matrix.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Official TN Member

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View punkgen6driver's Photo Gallery
New gen 10 rolla owner...

Hey,
my name is billy and I just traded in my gen6 Camry with V6 for a 2010 Corolla S. Why? Because a change in income over the last several months forced me to get a car with a lower payment. Although I loved the camry, I am happy with my Corolla. Its a 5-speed and Im loving having a car that I can shift again.

This is acutally my 2nd corolla. I had a 94 base model with a 3-speed auto and 1.6L engine. The engine sucked by I had tokico blues, H&R springs, an ebay fusb, and an Intrax rear sway bar and the car handled great.

I also learned to drive stick on my brothers AE92 GT-S many years ago. And a good friend of mine recently sold his 85 AE86 that he used to race. Although my gen 10 S isnt as great as those cars, I am looking to do the most I can with it.

I already ordered a used TRD front upper strut bar that I got for a great deal. I plan on eventually installing the TRD rear sway bar as well, along with H&R springs, and a UR rear upper strut bar. Way down the road I would also like to change the wheels and tires (again money is an issue right now) and my ultimate wish list item is the TRD LSD.

In the meantime, I may make some minor interior changes, like new shift and e-brake boots, as well as a new shift knob. I would love to go with a black and red TRD theme, but the seats in my white Corolla S are the black ones with the blue "accents". That really throws off what I want to do, because I dont want to do black, red and blue. Are all sport model seats with those blue dots? Thats my main question for the day.
punkgen6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER

Gameroom cash: $956631
Lifetime Supreme Member
View Zembonez's Photo Gallery
Not a bad move! A stick will make the change sporty too. You'll love the better gas mileage.

Zembonez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zembonez View Post
You'll love the better gas mileage.
That definitely went into the thoughts as to what I would save every month.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diehard Rams Fan

Gameroom cash: $1895616
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
View SuperchargedMR2's Photo Gallery
Yes all the seats have the blue touch to them. I have been doing red accents with my CSM 09 S. I don't notice the blue in the seats much.

You can make your S handle great. I have all kinds of TRD/UR bars, Eibach springs, +1 tires/wheels & mine handles fantastic. I just ordered a complete set of performance adjustable Tokico struts too but need to install them still.

As far as the TRD LSD it only fits the XRS with the 2.4L motor. It would be a nice option to have for the 1.8L but no luck yet.

SuperchargedMR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperchargedMR2 View Post
Yes all the seats have the blue touch to them. I have been doing red accents with my CSM 09 S. I don't notice the blue in the seats much.

You can make your S handle great. I have all kinds of TRD/UR bars, Eibach springs, +1 tires/wheels & mine handles fantastic. I just ordered a complete set of performance adjustable Tokico struts too but need to install them still.

As far as the TRD LSD it only fits the XRS with the 2.4L motor. It would be a nice option to have for the 1.8L but no luck yet.
I find the blue almost overwhelming. I would love to see pics of your interior to see how it all looks together. I thought the TRD LSD would work, because when I go on trdsparks.com and put in 2010 corolla and choose the S model, it shows it as a part. BUT, after your post, I looked at their website again, and at the bottom of the LSD page is shows as far as application goes, its only for the XRS as you said...very misleading.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ask your Mother

Gameroom cash: $451684
Garage
View sinnaever's Photo Gallery
You guys have blue tones in the seats?

Mine are solid black? I thought the S & XRS had the same bucket seats? or was that starting 2010/2011

sinnaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diehard Rams Fan

Gameroom cash: $1895616
Lifetime Supreme Member
Garage
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
View SuperchargedMR2's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnaever View Post

Mine are solid black? I thought the S & XRS had the same bucket seats? or was that starting 2010/2011
Mine is black on the outside vented cover of the seat & you see the blue underneath but to me it's very subtle.

SuperchargedMR2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Gameroom cash: $262200
View bazingax3's Photo Gallery
Oh my cars blue so I thought they matched it to car color. I love it in mine, but any other color and that would bother me.
bazingax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
TN Post Wh*re

Gameroom cash: $1103850
Garage
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
View Dimaoala's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnaever View Post

Xrs & S models have different fabric patterns.

Xrs seats

S seats (2009-2010)

S seats (2011+)

Dimaoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Looks like I will have to find an XRS owner looking to swap interiors

Last edited by gold94corolla; 11-26-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: removed quoted pictures
Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Senior TN Member

Gameroom cash: $554295
View msncorolla422's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgen6driver View Post
Hey,
my name is billy and I just traded in my gen6 Camry with V6 for a 2010 Corolla S. Why? Because a change in income over the last several months forced me to get a car with a lower payment. Although I loved the camry, I am happy with my Corolla. Its a 5-speed and Im loving having a car that I can shift again.

This is acutally my 2nd corolla. I had a 94 base model with a 3-speed auto and 1.6L engine. The engine sucked by I had tokico blues, H&R springs, an ebay fusb, and an Intrax rear sway bar and the car handled great.

I also learned to drive stick on my brothers AE92 GT-S many years ago. And a good friend of mine recently sold his 85 AE86 that he used to race. Although my gen 10 S isnt as great as those cars, I am looking to do the most I can with it.

I already ordered a used TRD front upper strut bar that I got for a great deal. I plan on eventually installing the TRD rear sway bar as well, along with H&R springs, and a UR rear upper strut bar. Way down the road I would also like to change the wheels and tires (again money is an issue right now) and my ultimate wish list item is the TRD LSD.

In the meantime, I may make some minor interior changes, like new shift and e-brake boots, as well as a new shift knob. I would love to go with a black and red TRD theme, but the seats in my white Corolla S are the black ones with the blue "accents". That really throws off what I want to do, because I dont want to do black, red and blue. Are all sport model seats with those blue dots? Thats my main question for the day.
dang I would have hated to give up a v6 2gr-fe but then again I want a stick! oh well you can make the corolla handle like you wanted. Dont forget the other UR bars! Of course once you have the funds. Happy Modding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkgen6driver View Post
Looks like I will have to find an XRS owner looking to swap interiors
I think you can buy the fabric somewhere or go to an auto fabric shop and ask to order the fabric. I saw a roll of the blue/black fabric when my seat was ripped from my window being broken and the thieves tore my seat. or you can do a custom interior? Katskins, etc
Old 11-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #12 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msncorolla422 View Post

I think you can buy the fabric somewhere or go to an auto fabric shop and ask to order the fabric. I saw a roll of the blue/black fabric when my seat was ripped from my window being broken and the thieves tore my seat. or you can do a custom interior? Katskins, etc

Im not looking to spend that much money on the car...at least for the interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix (2009-2013) > 10th Gen Corolla/2nd Gen Matrix General Discussion Forum