Originally Posted by Auroraboy
Update 2 - I guess I should not have been so excited. The "new" key works fine after following the instructions, however my original working key now no longer works. I'll try to program that tonight, and see if I can get two working keys. If not - I guess it's off to the dealer.............. More to come.
Update 3 - I figured out how to get both remotes programmed (new and original). I have modified the previous instructions that someone else provided, to make it a little clearer.
HOW TO PROGRAM A REMOTE CONTROL FOR A 2009 COROLLA:
If 10 seconds or more elapse between any of the following steps, you will need to start all over again. Prepare vehicle by closing and locking all doors except the driver’s door. It should be open and unlocked.
1) Stick key in and out of the ignition cylinder TWICE, without turning it.
2) Close and open the Driver’s door TWICE, ending in an OPEN door.
3) Stick key in and out of the ignition cylinder ONCE, without turning it.
4) Close and open the driver’s door TWICE, ending in an OPEN door.
5) Stick the key in the ignition cylinder. (Do not remove or turn the key)
6) Close the Driver’s Door.
7) Turn the key in the ignition on and off TWICE, then remove the key from the ignition. (At this point if every step was done correctly, all doors will lock and unlock twice to let you know the system has entered the “Add Key” mode).
8) Press both the Lock and Unlock buttons on your remote simultaneously for one second.
9) Within three seconds, Press the Lock button on your remote for one second and release. (Vehicle will beep twice to let you know it has accepted the new remote).
NOTE: Perform steps #8 and 9 during the same programming session, for two remotes (including original) to get them both to work.
10) To exit the “Add Key” mode, open and close the door. Test your remotes