Smart key system - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Venza Forum Discussion area for the Toyota Venza, a new crossover sedan vehicle. (2009+ model year)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Venza maniac

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Smart key system

Hi everyone I've had my venza as soon as it came out. bought it december and i've noticed that when for example the car is running and u decide to stop at the gas station and leave it and take the key with you, you cant lock the car. Would that be a manifactures problem or it was just made like that??

p.s. I didnt check if there is any postings in regards to this matter so please excuse me if there is one. thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-03-2009, 06:55 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3th4L View Post
Hi everyone I've had my venza as soon as it came out. bought it december and i've noticed that when for example the car is running and u decide to stop at the gas station and leave it and take the key with you, you cant lock the car. Would that be a manifactures problem or it was just made like that??

p.s. I didnt check if there is any postings in regards to this matter so please excuse me if there is one. thanx
You can't lock the car with the engine running. Without the engine running you should always be able to lock the doors using one of the FOBs. If "your" FOB the "other" FOB is in the car and you try to lock the doors using the handle sensor it won't let you. You shouldn't pump gas with the engine running or so the sign says where I purchase fuel.

Last edited by schmidtj; 08-03-2009 at 06:57 PM.
#3 Old 08-04-2009, 02:44 AM
Venza maniac

(Thread Starter)
yeah i knew that mate just saying you go to the gas station its winter you want the car running while you get your beverage, but you cant have it locked. i have only one of the keys on me at all time other one is home. guess thats how the car was made to be loll. thanx
#4 Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 AM
Official TN Member

I lock my car with it running all the time. I have 2 dogs and if it's hot, I leave the car running so that they stay cool. (Not at the gas pump though...)
The trick to doing it is to lower the drivers window, get out of the car and close the door. Then reach in the car window and press the lock button. Then pull up on the drivers side window switch and pull your arm out.

For some reason, on the venza, sometimes I cant unlock the door normally with the handle or the keyfob. I need to use the actual key. I haven't figured that one out. It doesn't always happen though.
#5 Old 08-04-2009, 08:32 AM
From the Nations Capital

Canada Buy a remote start.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3th4L View Post
yeah i knew that mate just saying you go to the gas station its winter you want the car running while you get your beverage, but you cant have it locked. i have only one of the keys on me at all time other one is home. guess thats how the car was made to be loll. thanx
What comes in really handy in these type of situations is to have a remote start installed but not just any remote start. The Viper 5101 will let you leave the engine run and lock your doors in "Valet mode" using the Viper fob.
The Viper 5101 will also let you get in your Venza WITHOUT shutting down the engine, the AotoStart brand and the Toyota Dealer supplied remotes will kill the engine as soon as you touch the door handle.

Hope this helps.

Aloe Green, V6, AWD, Touring Package (Canada)
Smart Key, Clear Bra, Viper Remote Start.
#6 Old 08-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Official TN Member

Canada viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkplug View Post
What comes in really handy in these type of situations is to have a remote start installed but not just any remote start. The Viper 5101 will let you leave the engine run and lock your doors in "Valet mode" using the Viper fob.
The Viper 5101 will also let you get in your Venza WITHOUT shutting down the engine, the AotoStart brand and the Toyota Dealer supplied remotes will kill the engine as soon as you touch the door handle.

Hope this helps.
Hey sparkplug, do you have the Viper alarm?
Where did you get it and how much is it.
Have you been happy with it ?
Let me know please. thanks.
#7 Old 08-04-2009, 04:49 PM
From the Nations Capital

Canada No Viper Alarm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutra View Post
Hey sparkplug, do you have the Viper alarm?
Where did you get it and how much is it.
Have you been happy with it ?
Let me know please. thanks.
HI!
NO Viper Alarm....remote start only (model #5101 one way)
The dealer/broker had it installed for me here is Ottawa at a cost of $480.00 CAD$. It works like a charm, has several features too long to describe here and it's a good solid system. Worth every loonie....

Aloe Green, V6, AWD, Touring Package (Canada)
Smart Key, Clear Bra, Viper Remote Start.

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Venza Forum