Anyone know how to change the default screen of Nav system to Audio - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Venza Forum Discussion area for the Toyota Venza, a new crossover sedan vehicle. (2009+ model year)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 09-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA Anyone know how to change the default screen of Nav system to Audio

I do most of my driving around town, so I really don't need to see the nav screen as my constant home or default screen.

Is there a way to make the Audio screen the default screen, then getting the nav screen only when needed?
Since I will be using the audio screen pretty much every time I drive the car, this is the screen I want to see automatically when I start up the car.

I can push the audio button to bring up the audio screen, of course, but after a short while it reverts back to the nav screen.

Is this setting possible? I could find nothing on this topic in the Nav System owner's manual.

2012 Camry XLE Hybrid, Sandy Beach Metallic, Leather, back-up camera, Safety Connect, HDD 7" Nav with JBL, blind spot monitoring.

2009 Venza
, I-4, FWD, Blizzard Pearl, Leather, Smart Key, back-up camera, HID headlamps, Nav with JBL.

1999 Camry LE, I-4
1998 Corolla LE
Owner of 6 Toyotas since 1989
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 09-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas1776 View Post
I do most of my driving around town, so I really don't need to see the nav screen as my constant home or default screen.

Is there a way to make the Audio screen the default screen, then getting the nav screen only when needed? Since I will be using the audio screen pretty much every time I drive the car, this is the screen I want to see automatically when I start up the car.

I can push the audio button to bring up the audio screen, of course, but after a short while it reverts back to the nav screen.

Is this setting possible? I could find nothing on this topic in the Nav System owner's manual.
Veritas1776
I don't know if there is a default adioo screen but you can turn of the map screen when the map screen is up by pressing the disp button below the screen and touching the display off tab on the screen.

The map will be off (even when you start the car) until you press Map.

Hope this helps
Cheers!
#3 Old 09-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Go Bolts!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Check out pg 224 in the NAV system manual. You need to press the setup button below the NAV screen, touch the "general" button then touch the "auto screen change" button and turn that option off. This will prevent the NAV system screen from reverting back to the map after 20 seconds. If you don't change this option the screen goes back to the map even if you press the "audio" button. After changing this option you press the "audio" button and that will now come up when you start your Venza up. You can then press the "map/voice" button when you want the map displayed.

2009 Venza V6 / Tropical Sea Metallic / Ivory Leather
2012 Camry SE I4 / Magnetic Gray Metallic
#4 Old 09-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Boltsfan, thank you. I followed your instructions and it worked.

P.S.
Does your user name Boltsfan mean you are a San Diego Charger fan?

2012 Camry XLE Hybrid, Sandy Beach Metallic, Leather, back-up camera, Safety Connect, HDD 7" Nav with JBL, blind spot monitoring.

2009 Venza
, I-4, FWD, Blizzard Pearl, Leather, Smart Key, back-up camera, HID headlamps, Nav with JBL.

1999 Camry LE, I-4
1998 Corolla LE
Owner of 6 Toyotas since 1989
#5 Old 09-05-2009, 02:34 PM
Go Bolts!

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
veritas1776 - you're welcome. My wife, who mainly drives the Venza, had the same issue so after reading the nav system manual (yawn!) I found the solution.

I live in the Tampa Bay area and am I die-hard Bucs fan. I am also a die-hard Tampa Bay Lightning fan who are affectionately known as The Bolts in this area.

2009 Venza V6 / Tropical Sea Metallic / Ivory Leather
2012 Camry SE I4 / Magnetic Gray Metallic
#6 Old 09-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoltsFan View Post
Check out pg 224 in the NAV system manual. You need to press the setup button below the NAV screen, touch the "general" button then touch the "auto screen change" button and turn that option off. This will prevent the NAV system screen from reverting back to the map after 20 seconds. If you don't change this option the screen goes back to the map even if you press the "audio" button. After changing this option you press the "audio" button and that will now come up when you start your Venza up. You can then press the "map/voice" button when you want the map displayed.
Boltsfan: you are correct with using that option and I believe it makes the audio screen "permanantly on". I used that option when I first got the car three months ago and forgot, and then I made the change noted below.

My concern is with burn-in on display screen, and I have noticed that if you leave the auto screen change "on" and press the disp button when the map is displayed, then press the disp off tab on the screen, the map screen will be turned off until manually turned on. the screen will normally be blank instead of showing the map display, after the 20 sec delay. This eliminates the always on and stationery audio screen, which can be summoned for 20 sec by the press of the audio button. Also any operations you make with the steering wheel buttons will also be displayed for 20 sec before returning to a blank display.

My personal preference is not to have the screen on for long periods, and working outside of the manual works for me this time
Cheers!
#7 Old 09-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Boilermaker Down South

Burn-in is not an issue with LCD (or LED) devices. There is no phosphorus coating to burn.

So, on a side note, a screen saver on a PC doesn't save the screen because it is not in danger anymore (with a modern flat monitor). Turning the monitor off saves some power but burn-in is not an issue.

...STeve

VENZA 09 V6 FWD LX NV SR WT CF DG PB Silver w/ Grey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Venza Forum