Navigation System Freeze
I accidentally froze the Navigation system today. I have not tried to repeat it because I am not sure that my recovery procedure would work for every freeze up.
I believe the sequence of events was ....
1) navi displaying map
2) push talk button ; screen changes to voice help
3) navi beeps (i have voice help turned off)
4) I say "dial by number" ; screen changes to next voice help ; beeps
5) I say " 5551212" ; screen changes to display to display the number
6) before the navi beeps again (to hear confirmation to dial), I hit the off-hook button on the steering wheel
call does not process
radio continues to play
can not cancel from screen button
can not dial from the screen button
can not go to previous screen
talk button does not provide beep
pressing any button around the screen does not change screen
shifting to reverse momentarily flashes screen by backup cam doesn't show
off / on switch will stop and start the audio but screen remains locked
tried everything but setting the parking break
had to turn the Venza off, then back on, to reset the Navi.
VENZA 09 V6 FWD LX NV SR WT CF DG PB Silver w/ Grey