Toyota Nation Forum banner

Tire Wear and Replacement Recommendations

263K views 643 replies 183 participants last post by  ToyotaPW 
#1 ·
Just wondering what tires came with your Venza.

Mine came withe Bridgestones, which I am very about, as I think they are great.

I read that some Venza had Goodyear, Toyos, etc.

Reactions: J.G.Mc
#2 ·
Mine have the Michelins. I saw four different brand of tires at my dearler when I got mine. They were Michelins, Bridgestone, Goodyear and it might have been Toyo or Yokohama. For some reason seeing Michelins is what put that particular car in my driveway.

Randy

#4 ·
VenzaHombre, you have a I4 model, correct? I believe most I4's come with the Bridgestone Dueler's, while a select few come with Toyo models (early production vehicles, I believe).

#8 ·
My V6 FWD came with Goodyear Eagle RS-A's. Like most stock tires they are adequate, very quiet, but I will be replacing them with Yokohama Parada Spec-X's at first rotation. These are great tires, rated higher than even Michelin's, not to mention about $35 less per tire. They have an excellent wet traction/hydorplane rating (important in FL) and higher speed rating (V vs H) for more stable handling.

#11 ·
Mine (V6 FWD) came with Goodyear Eagle HSA's and I am not a fan of Goodyear tires. They were noisy and rough riding from the start. So, I read reviews of that tire and all others I could find that would fit. The Goodyears were universally panned and I expected that. I settled on some Yokohamas that got glowing reviews from actual customers of all types of vehicles, especially SUV's and trucks.

I ended up talking to a tire dealer about a trade-in and new tires and he gave me a good trade-in allowance on the Goodyears with about 500 miles on them and I purchased a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 255x50x20. It has made a huge difference in the Venza! Much quieter and smoother with a much longer tire wear rating. My wife was very skeptical of my changing tires on a new vehicle but, after noticing the big difference in the ride and quietness, she is glad I did it. So am I and I will heartily recommend them to anyone wanting a fantastic tire for their Venza! I am even a little worried about the next time I need tires and hope these are still made!

#98 ·
Mine (V6 FWD) came with Goodyear Eagle HSA's and I am not a fan of Goodyear tires. They were noisy and rough riding from the start. So, I read reviews of that tire and all others I could find that would fit. The Goodyears were universally panned and I expected that. I settled on some Yokohamas that got glowing reviews from actual customers of all types of vehicles, especially SUV's and trucks.

I ended up talking to a tire dealer about a trade-in and new tires and he gave me a good trade-in allowance on the Goodyears with about 500 miles on them and I purchased a set of Yokohama Parada Spec-X in 255x50x20. It has made a huge difference in the Venza! Much quieter and smoother with a much longer tire wear rating. My wife was very skeptical of my changing tires on a new vehicle but, after noticing the big difference in the ride and quietness, she is glad I did it. So am I and I will heartily recommend them to anyone wanting a fantastic tire for their Venza! I am even a little worried about the next time I need tires and hope these are still made!
I did the same at 900 mi. Yokohamas best tire I have ever use....:Bruce:

#13 ·
Anyone using the 20" Yokohama PARADA Spec-X tires? I am thinking about these or the Michelin Latitude Tour HP.

And now, my 6 year old daughter will choose a symbol:

:worship:
My car came with the Michelins, but my next tire will be Yokohamas - they typically perform better (IMO) and are cheaper than the over price Michelins. The Michelin tires are good, but just overpriced for what you get.

#15 · (Edited)
#16 ·
At about 700 miles on my Venza, I decided to get rid of the Goodyear HSA's that came on it as I was very unhappy with the ride and noise of the tire! I did my research on Tire Rack and decided on the Parada's but had a hard time finding them in the exact size that came on the Venza ( 245x50x20 ).

I found it much easier to find the 255x50x20 and had my tire shop order some. They matched the price on Tire Rack + shipping and had them in about 3 days. By the way, the 255x50x20 Parada is a much higher load rated tire than the 245's for some reason. The dealer gave me a good trade-in value on the Goodyears and I was happy with the deal, money-wise.

WOW is all I can say about the difference! The Parada is a fantastic tire! It is much smoother and quieter now and I could not be happier! I just hope this same tire is available when mine wear out or Yokohama has something better by then as I will look for this brand and tire first!

GET YOURSELF SOME!

#17 ·
Hope they are still around when my Mich's are done. Nice tire but not all that hot in the wet. Parada seems to be the one and only better choice out there right now, and indeed it is lots cheaper and has had better reviews although the size difference will have a minor impact. Would be interested in an ongoing review from you on these rubbers at some point... i.e. MPG, noise, wet, and wear.

Mike

#18 ·
I just have a little over 1000 miles on them now but, they have been great. Noise level is very low, wet traction has been excellent, at 32psi front and 30psi in the rear, the ride is much smoother than the Goodyears and I am extremely happy with them.

I do not know if my mileage went down or up as I really did not pay much attention to the mileage on the Goodyears. With the Venza being brand new, I do not think you get your best mileage on a car until you have at least 5k to 10K miles on it. I can tell you that on a 75 mile trip at a near constant 70mph, the computer said I was getting a little more than 27mpg. My around town mileage is showing an average of 22.5mpg. This is with about 1800 miles on the Venza.

I think the 255x50x20 size tires are just slightly taller than the originals and only turn about 8 revolutions less in a mile than the 245x50x20's. Speedometer changes will be neglible.

They look great and were a change-for-the-better to my Venza.

#19 ·
Thank you for your data on the Parada's! Will watch for any further comments down the road, though I wish our possible selections were more than three tires, and am hoping that this will improve over time.

Mike

#20 ·
I agree the Parada-X sound like great tires and am strongly considering replacing the Eagles on the Venza now ... I'll double check with my local tire store again, but last time I did, they thought they could get the Parada-X in the 245/50/R20 size (the standard 20" Venza size)

#21 ·
My local dealer, an advertiser here, (Discount Tire) absolutely could not find them in the 245 size at the time I bought mine. Even the 255 size was a little hard to find and had to be shipped in from Arizona.

Check out the technical specifications on the two different sizes and you will find that the 255 tire, for some reason, is a much higher load-rated tire. They work very well for me!

#23 ·
New Tire recommendation

Hi All,

I have a 2009 v6 Venza. A few aftermarket upgrades I made include HID headlights and a K&N Short Ram air intake.
Anyway, My Venza came with the 20" Goodyear tires. I haven't heard good things about the goodyears from members of this forum and I am not in love with them. I am thinking of replacing them with some better tires. I really don't know much about tires so I am looking for a recommendation on what brand and type of tire to purchase. Im not so worried about price so give me your best recommendations and please tell me why you recommend them. I am looking for improvements in performance, mileage and ride comfort and smoothness.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks

-Rich E

#24 ·
My Wife & i Just bought a new 2010 V6 Venza with the Goodyear tires... My question is what sort of trade value are you receiving for trading in the Goodyears for the Yokohama tires. We have only aprox 500 mile in the our tires. Also would like to know where are you going to get a trade in for your new tires? Is it Discount Tire or some other place???..................George

#26 ·
2010 AWD OEM Michelin Tire

Hi,
Just registered and will be picking up my 2010 V6 AWD c/w nav/jbl next week. I am not a fan of OEM tires and want to change them as soon as I get my vehicle. Are the Michelin tires supplied Latitude Tour HP Tires? My tire guy says if so, that is actually a good tire. I was thinking of changing to Yokohama Parada Spec X P255-50-R20 tires. Any help is appreciated

#28 · (Edited)
Hi,
Just registered and will be picking up my 2010 V6 AWD c/w nav/jbl next week. I am not a fan of OEM tires and want to change them as soon as I get my vehicle. Are the Michelin tires supplied Latitude Tour HP Tires? My tire guy says if so, that is actually a good tire. I was thinking of changing to Yokohama Parada Spec X P255-50-R20 tires. Any help is appreciated
Yes, they are. They're actually pretty descent tires...for OEs.
But, when the time comes to replace them, I'll probably go for the Paradas.