95 avalon can not program key fob - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
1st Generation (1995-1999) Specific discussion of the first generation Toyota Avalon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-12-2012, 12:48 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
USA 95 avalon can not program key fob

hello there and may i i say thank you for such a great place for toyotas.. as you can tell im new to this forum.
ok i just bought my first toyota ( sorry always been a chevy guy.lol) and i do like it. its a 95 avalon xls with 200k on it and it runs great. bought the car from a customer ( im a mechanic) so i had to change a few things. first off was the radio and thanks to this site and its users i did find the proper way of by passing the amp etc. now the next problem.. stupid me i decided i needed to get a key fob for it so i think i found the right one and i have been trying to program it now for 3 days. when i recieved it the instructions said to short out terminals 2 and 10 on the module in the truck.. well i have no terminal 2. so i looked up other proceedurs and found the one about terminals 11 and 12. no luck.. ok so found those wire colors eleswhere in the connector, still not working... now the last one was the key in key out door open door closed wave a dead chicken over ur head and swear 3 times and that didnt work eighter..
just wondering if im chasing my own tail here and this car doesnt have that set up or not... just wondering if anyone else has any ideas... thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-12-2012, 06:52 PM
Home School Valedictorian

I do not know for sure, my assumption is the 95 Avalon, especially the XLS would have keyless entry capability. It was/is the top Toyota passenger car model.

This is from the 96 Factory Service Manual:
VAC Programs
Each receiver must have at least 1 (2 max.) unique transmitter VAC (vehicle access code) programed into it's EPROM to operate.
Receiver compatibility with any 2 random VAC is accomplished by using the following procedures.

A. Ground the receiver "Program" signal. The receiver will generate a feedback consisting lock, all doors unlock. and trunk.
B. Operate the transmitter #1 with any single button depression to store VAC #1- the lock. all doors unlock, and trunk is repeated.
C. Transmitter #2 must be similarly operated to store VAC #2.
If no signal is received before the ground is removed, the receiver will be programed to VAC #1 only.
This procedure prevents unauthorized programing.
D. Remove "Program" line ground signal to restore normal system operation.
E. Try any function on the transmitter to verify that it was programed correctly.

The next page in the manual says that terminal #9 is the programming terminal.
#3 Old 04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
cool thank you, ill go out and try it here shortly.. ill let you know and thanks for the reply.
#4 Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
nope that didnt do it.. blew the fuse.lol when i get to work tomorrow ill see if i can look up the wiring for that plug... thanks again
#5 Old 04-12-2012, 08:00 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
ok im an idiot.lol i was pulling the wrong plug.. funny thing is that it was activating the locks too.lol. so anyone reading this its the plug on the black box not the silver one. and it was the 11 and 12 terminals on this one. instructions said 2 and 10.. but this avalone was built later in 95 so i guess it has the 96 programing... thank you again and im sorry i was an idiot.
#6 Old 04-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Home School Valedictorian

Does it work now?
The Following User Says Thank You to 9T6AvalonXLS For This Useful Post:
cwbygump (04-12-2012)
#7 Old 04-12-2012, 10:04 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
works now doing the happy dance... thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > 1st Generation (1995-1999)