Toyota Nation Forum banner

Are my brakes ruined?

967 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  robert_wrath 
#1 ·
Hello, I have a 2001 Toyota Avalon and I am not sure if my breaks are ruined. Everytime I put pressure on the breaks, It has a pulse or a (skipping) or a tug to it. Like it will skip a few times before stopping. Also, my breaks squeak pretty good, kind of annoying too. But, they keep skipping or have a pulse when stopping. I have no clue why that's happening.

#4 ·
+1 on getting it checked out. Is it pulsation with or without steering shimmy? There are a few subtle differences between front and back issues. They will both show in the front. Also when you press on the brakes is there a pull to one of the sides? When was your last brake job and was that with rotor resurface, new rotors etc. Along those lines. Either way if you provide a little more info like that it might help with better feedback.

If you do a search on brake pulsation, brake dragging, steering shimmy, etc you will be able to gain more info and things to look for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.