Toyota Nation Forum banner

Performance Exhaust

Tags
exhaust
985 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Stuffing 
#1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had any luck finding a nice mellow performance muffle and have they installed it on they're Avalon. I currently have a K&N air filter and would like add an after market performance muffler. Just to give the Avalon a nice little purr.....!

#2 ·
I'm not sure who has done a performance exhaust yet, but I do know of one person but his was a bit more in-depth.

Here's a quote from his thread of what he did. "I took a Megan 2.5" cat back exhaust, chopped it up & sectioned it with a few mandrel U bends. I deleted the N1 style muffler in favor of some twin 3" VIP resonated tips. I made sure it hung up high since Im ridin low. The O2 bung had to be relocated. Since I removed the last cat converter, the ECU is throwing codes so my CEL come on with the VSC & VSC OFF lights. Im hoping that I can eliminate this with a spark plug de/anti fouler. Its sounds mean, similar in a way to a modded G35. On the highway it really has opened up & down low it seems that torque has not been affected."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.