SenSen Struts - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
2nd Generation (2000-2004) Specific discussion of the second generation Toyota Avalon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 02-20-2011, 09:10 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
SenSen Struts

I bought a full set of the SenSen struts on eBay for $135 and got them installed. Wanted to let folks know they do fit good but they ride pretty stiff. I also replaced the strut mounts from parts on ebay... the only problem we had was the one for the passenger side front was a few mm off so we had to grind tower down a bit. My struts were so bad on my 2000 that you could push 2 of them down and they wouldn't even come back up. I had help from a friend who is a mechanic and we used the lift at the shop.....it was more of a job than I thought it was going to be time wise, about 3 hours. I recommend letting a shop with a strut machine change the springs out for you. Some how we managed to break the right rear ABS sensor so I've got one on order from ebay for $35. If you do this job keep the rotors supported so you don't hose your ABS sensors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 03-09-2011, 09:54 AM
New TN User

Well almost 30 days what are your thoughts now? I am in need of struts but $$ is not there & was looking at going the cheap route. Plus having a hard time trying to justify dumping $$ on a 10 year old car with 175K on it.
#3 Old 03-09-2011, 05:38 PM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down

As much as I wanted to like these..... I hate them. The car rides rough now and really I regret buying them. The fronts arent so bad but the rear hardly gives at all over bumps.
#4 Old 03-09-2011, 05:57 PM
New TN User

I recently installed a full set of KYB GR2s and love them. They were a little stiff at first but feel great 5 months later. I was able to purchase them on amazon and get them installed by a local shop all for just over 500. Well worth the $$ to me.
#5 Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 AM
New TN User

(Thread Starter)
ill be happy if mine loosen up in a few months.
#6 Old 07-30-2012, 11:24 PM
The Spirited Driver

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How are the sensen's now? I'm bottoming out like mad even without carrying nothing in the car. I need to carry 300lb+ worth of equipment in the car all the time once I replace them. KYBs are too soft for me.

I may cheap out and get Sensen and hopefully I'll get lucky and get a stiff ride with struts that last.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > 2nd Generation (2000-2004)