SenSen Struts - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > 2nd Generation (2000-2004)

2nd Generation (2000-2004) Specific discussion of the second generation Toyota Avalon

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2011, 08:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View whanner's Photo Gallery
SenSen Struts

I bought a full set of the SenSen struts on eBay for $135 and got them installed. Wanted to let folks know they do fit good but they ride pretty stiff. I also replaced the strut mounts from parts on ebay... the only problem we had was the one for the passenger side front was a few mm off so we had to grind tower down a bit. My struts were so bad on my 2000 that you could push 2 of them down and they wouldn't even come back up. I had help from a friend who is a mechanic and we used the lift at the shop.....it was more of a job than I thought it was going to be time wise, about 3 hours. I recommend letting a shop with a strut machine change the springs out for you. Some how we managed to break the right rear ABS sensor so I've got one on order from ebay for $35. If you do this job keep the rotors supported so you don't hose your ABS sensors.
whanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2011, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

View portsider44's Photo Gallery
Well almost 30 days what are your thoughts now? I am in need of struts but $$ is not there & was looking at going the cheap route. Plus having a hard time trying to justify dumping $$ on a 10 year old car with 175K on it.
portsider44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

Thumbs down

As much as I wanted to like these..... I hate them. The car rides rough now and really I regret buying them. The fronts arent so bad but the rear hardly gives at all over bumps.
Old 03-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User

View Musicman555's Photo Gallery
I recently installed a full set of KYB GR2s and love them. They were a little stiff at first but feel great 5 months later. I was able to purchase them on amazon and get them installed by a local shop all for just over 500. Well worth the $$ to me.
Musicman555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

ill be happy if mine loosen up in a few months.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
The Spirited Driver

Gameroom cash: $107350
View avalonshoe's Photo Gallery
How are the sensen's now? I'm bottoming out like mad even without carrying nothing in the car. I need to carry 300lb+ worth of equipment in the car all the time once I replace them. KYBs are too soft for me.

I may cheap out and get Sensen and hopefully I'll get lucky and get a stiff ride with struts that last.
avalonshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > 2nd Generation (2000-2004)