I hit bambi! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Avalon 2nd Generation (2000-2004) Specific discussion of the second generation Toyota Avalon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 03-20-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
I hit bambi!

After all the cursing, putting the dear out of its misery and getting the car home, I got to see the damage. Broke the radiator and bent the crap out of the AC condenser, cracked a headlight and broke the grill. I got the radiator out but I didn't take the AC condenser out yet. I don't know much about AC systems. I don't think the freon leaked out. I can buy a bottle and evacuate it myself while I change out the condenser right? Also there seemed to be oil at the bottom of the radiator. Is that right? Thanks for the help in advance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:20 AM
Official TN Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abodame99 View Post
After all the cursing, putting the dear out of its misery and getting the car home, I got to see the damage. Broke the radiator and bent the crap out of the AC condenser, cracked a headlight and broke the grill. I got the radiator out but I didn't take the AC condenser out yet. I don't know much about AC systems. I don't think the freon leaked out. I can buy a bottle and evacuate it myself while I change out the condenser right? Also there seemed to be oil at the bottom of the radiator. Is that right? Thanks for the help in advance!

There is a transmission cooler inside the radiator...probably leaking from accident.
post #3 of 4 Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM
New TN User

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
The Deer have done their best this year to sacrifice them self to the Grille gods.
My sister get her second one in january, only this time it was $7k, and an 7 week wait to get
the car back. 2013 Honda CRV-EXL. Guess the car is feeling a bit like a punching bag!
Good luck on repairs.

'12 Toyota Rav4 AWD Limited V6, '15 Honda CRV-EXL AWD, '17 BMW X3 X28i
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old Yesterday, 10:19 PM Thread Starter
New TN User

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavRat4 View Post
The Deer have done their best this year to sacrifice them self to the Grille gods.
My sister get her second one in january, only this time it was $7k, and an 7 week wait to get
the car back. 2013 Honda CRV-EXL. Guess the car is feeling a bit like a punching bag!
Good luck on repairs.
A buddy from work just hit one in his Cadillac DTS, 5 grand in damage! I guess I got lucky! I'm not to worried about the grill. And I got a new condenser and radiator from RockAuto for 145 shipped!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Avalon Forum > Avalon 2nd Generation (2000-2004)