New TN User
Join Date: May 2010
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
2000 Avalon Fuel Filter Change Procedure
When I wanted to change the fuel filter on my Avalon there was little instruction that I could find. So for the next guy here it is. Yup, I skipped the fuel line de-prime procedure, not enough gas spills to need to waste time with pulling fuses and running car till it quits.
1. Turn the car engine off!
2. Fuel filter is located under the intake tube between air filter housing and the intake housing. You can remove the stuff above the filter if you want or work around it. I removed the air filter housing top and the plastic thing between the air filter and the metal intake housing for easier access.
3. Remove the top gas line shield by pressing on both sides and pulling straight up.
4. Press the gray tabs (2) on the end of the gas line with your finger nail or a small flat head screwdriver one at a time. You will hear a click when the clip disengages.
5. Pull upper gas line off (have a small rag under since some gas will spill).
6. Bottom line required tubing wrenches (12mm and 17?or 18mm to break loose and about 30 minute soak with pb blaster oil.
7. Remove the filter from the bracket (8mm bolt).
8. Replace filter in reverse order.
9. Turn key on and off a couple of times to run the fuel pump.
10. Crank it up and go.