Toyota Nation Forum banner

2007 Avalon Limited A/C light flashes and a/c cuts off

9K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Tarheels1 
#1 ·
I've had my Avalon at the Toyota shop more than 12 times with the same problem...a/c light on dash flashes off and on. The A/C system shuts down. Sometimes the command center says check A/C.
We have gone through the replace game, compressor twice, relay four times, too much refrigerant-to little refrigerant multiple times and loose wire multiple times.
Where do I go from here???l
This is supposed to be a Toyota Certified car if that means anything. The car has 86,000 miles.

#2 ·
I've had my Avalon at the Toyota shop more than 12 times with the same problem
My comment won't fix your problem, but may help you to realize that the shop you've been dealing with is incompetent.

12X and no resolution. You need to find an independent shop if possible. I don't know how far east you are...New Bern, Havelock. If so, you may have to go more towards the center of the state to find resolution.

#4 ·
I know you said they replaced the relays. I read around that it may be the AC magnetic relay causing the issue. Someone in another post took the DRL relay and put it in the AC MC relay spot and the problem went away. but this is just to test you will have to get the correct relay if this works for you.

the other suggestion is at this site but I don't think it may be your issue. http://www.justanswer.com/toyota/1as...ter-light.html

#5 ·
Thank You Mike Murrell,
Greenville Toyota HAD an excellent Technician, but he was pulled off the job so many times he was never able to get the trouble resolved. I actually had confidence in him, because he went to the trouble of measuring current and voltage readings at various strategic points of the electronics of the A/C.
Unfortunately this Technician got hurt and is no longer at Greenville Toyota. He was the best and only Tech that had electronic training present at the dealership.
Nothing against the Avalon, but who and where can I go, and where is someone who has proper training for such issues? I have spent literally thousands of dollars from the, 'continue to replace parts until one day they hit the jackpot!!', method? Meantime, I go belly up!
I WAS TOLD, "PERHAPS ITS TIME TO BUY A NEW AVALON!" Please note the service department did not say that. It only has 86,000 miles. I have been dealing with this issue for 40,000-50,000 miles now. I have had four total purchase/trades in the past with them.
This Toyota is a CERTIFIED TOYOTA also. What does that mean?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.