What you need:
1. New filter... it should come with new 2 o-rings (1 big and 1 small) and a plastic "pipe" fitting to drain the oil filter
2. (optional) 15mm hose to connect to pipe fitting. I recommend clear tygon from home depot since it's resistant to oil. Don't really need this, but it helps direct the oil when the filter is draining.
3. Special service tool (SST) 09228-06501. It's the only way to get the filter off without destroying your knuckles... trust me, you want this. One time buy.
4. Oil... black gold... Texas tea. I'm a Mobil 1 fan myself.
5. Oil pan drain plug gasket (don't have the part number). You might want to buy a few of those if you are a do it yourself-er.
6. Metric socket set... I don't remember all the size but I think they're all between 12 and 14mm.
Everything is accessed near the front passenger tire. You might want to invest in a low profile oil catch pan... the clearance is low. It would probably be easier if you had ramps... I don't.
1. Crack open engine fill cap to let air in... but don't remove it. You want to make it easier for the oil to drain but not get dirt inside.
2. Drain oil from oil pan plug. Best access point is behind front passenger wheel... but you'll have to reach.
2. While that is draining, remove the drain bolt from the bottom of filter. This should be done on the front side of the front passenger wheel. No oil will come out now.
3. Install drain pipe with optional hose... oil will drain from filter. Give slight CCW twist when done to remove plug. You can discard plastic pipe, it will probably be bent. You get another once with new filter.
4. Use SST to remove oil filter cap. Good luck if you don't have this tool.
5. Clean out filter cap very good. I recommend engine cleaner and then blowing dry will compressed air if you have it. Rags if you prefer, just get it super clean.
6. Pre-oil both filter gaskets.
7. Reinstall small oring and filter drain bolt. I would do this while it's off because it's easier and less chance of pinching oring. Torque: 10 ft-lb (13 N-m) by repair manual
8. Install new filter into cap. Place oiled large oring on cap. Install and tighten cap. Torque: 18 ft-lb (25 N-m) by repair manual. Again, be careful not to pinch oring.
9. Reinstall oil pan drain plug with new gasket. Torque: 30 ft-lb (40 N-m)
10. Add oil throught oil cap. 6.4 quarts since you replaced filter. Neat trick: Mobil 1 oil cans act as funnels. Cut the bottom of the first oil can you use... the top will now screw into where the oil cap goes and work as funnel.
11. Run engine 5 minutes.
12. Let sit for 5 minute.
13. Check for leaks.
14. Check oil level. It takes 1.6 qts to go from low to full mark on dipstick.
You are done.