Toyota Nation Forum banner

Pirelli P7 Cinturato All Season Plus Review

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  NJMIKE 
#1 ·
Hi All!

I've been searching for new tires, to replace my Uniroyal Tiger Paw Touing tires with only 23,000 kms, which I found were uncomfortable, noisy and made the 2008 Avalon feel less than a flagship.

I was undecided till the last moment, it was between the Pirelli P7 (highest ranked on Tire Rack consumer surveys), Michelin Primacy MXV4 (great feedback), Continental PureContact and Yokohama Avid Ascend.

The Michelin's were about $90 more expensive than the Pirellis, so after the $70 rebate for Pirelli and selling my Uniroyals, I would be spending $680.

Now as to initial impressions about the Pirellis after 200 kms of driving (highway mostly)

NOISE
On smooth pavement, these tires are remarkably quiet. Doing 140+ on the freeway yesterday, there was virtually no noise! Only a hint of wind rush! For a second, I felt I was driving something much more expensive. On concrete surfaces, they are noisy, less so than the Uniroyals but still emit noise. Hopefully, that quiets down after a bit as the tires are broken in

COMFORT
The biggest difference from the Uniroyals. These tires are EXTREMELY SMOOTH. It's as if you're driving on glass. Impact harshness is minimized greatly and bumps feel very smooth. The car does not jitter on the biggest of impacts and considering the roads in Southern Ontario are less than ideal, it's a bonus!

Handling
Steering feel is much more pronounced, with better feedback. Less body roll in turns. The Avalon is by no means a sports sedan but the car feels much more stable at high speed maneuvers! Vast improvement

Have not had wet weather to assess performance in rain. Again, I am not comparing worn out tires to brand new ones, my previous set was hardly used. The Pirelli's have made a big difference. Hopefully the noise on concrete roads dies down!

But I'm impressed thus far!

Feel free to message me with any questions:thanks:

See less See more
#2 ·
any update on Pirelli Cinturato P7 ?

I looked at some ebay picture on that tire with 6-7/32 reading and seems to me the tire tread are nearly gone..but still have lots of rubber left

Wonder how yours holding up and if you also notice that tread pattern is disappearing. That tire runs ~$160 new with 70K miles warranty. Just want to know if they are good after the 1st 20/30k miles...

Currently have Energy MXV4 (OEM) and consider what is my next replacement.

#3 ·
Hey Pop, I'm getting my P7's rotated today & I'll let you know what they look like. So far I have no complaints about the ride or handling. A bit pricey but what isn't these days, thanks to Obama and his free spending congress.

#7 · (Edited)
Cool. I'm getting these next month myself anyways, but just wanted to hear some follow up. The MXV Primacy's are nice but I want something different starting from scratch. I inherited some used Michelin Primacy MXV4s and 1 energy. Lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.