transmission cable adjustment? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Archived Corolla threads

Archived Corolla threads Older Archived Corolla threads

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View billsif's Photo Gallery
transmission cable adjustment?

i read somewhere (probably on this forum) that a harsh 1-2 shift with the automatic transmission might mean some cable needs to be adjusted. my 1991 corolla has a harsh shift from 1-2 at around 2500 rpms, you can really feel it jerk and i feel sorry for the car. 2-3 is fine, and 3-4 is kind of like one big shift then a mini shift. anyway, i would like for the 1-2 shift to be nice and smooth. what cable is it - the throttle cable? and whats the adjustment procedure, please?
billsif is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Archived Corolla threads