AE92 FXGT Sunroof cables - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Archived Corolla threads

Archived Corolla threads Older Archived Corolla threads

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2007, 05:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View GeeEss's Photo Gallery
Australia AE92 FXGT Sunroof cables

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so here goes. . .

I recently bought a 1988 AE92 FXGT. This model was never officially imported into Australia.
I need new sunroof cables but they are no longer available for the early (87-89) series. I can only get later series (90-92) cables new from Toyota. They have to be made to special order, cost AUD$175 EA and will take 1 month to make / freight back to Sydney.

The main issue is this, will the later 90-92 cable assembly fit on the earlier runners? Toyota can't tell me if they will & if they dont I'm in deep ....trouble.

My other option is to try & get later series (90-92) 2nd hand runners. I have been advised by a main JDM parts Toyota dealer here that only RHS runners are now available (to special order) . . . . which, if I need to update the runners, is no good to me at all.

What are my chances of;

1. A USA Toyota dealer still holding, in order of preference;
I. Early series sunroof cable assemblies in stock
II. Later series sunroof cables AND runners in stock?

2. USA Corolla wrecker/dismantler having 1990-92 FXGT +Sunroof in stock that I can get runners from . . . . and can someone give me name/ phone number/ email/ website details for such a business?

Can anyone help? This has been really frustrating for me. Ive placed an order for TRD parts on hold because. . . if I can't even have a working Sunroof, I think I'll just ditch the car

Regards

GeeEss
GeeEss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
The TN Member

View punter's Photo Gallery
Are you on twincam.org or what ever it is?

I pretty sure Mr Revhead is still on there, he works for toyota NZ and will most likley be able to hook you up with what ever you need. NZ gets a very large range of toyota parts.
Old 01-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
New TN User

View GeeEss's Photo Gallery
Australia FXGT SUNROOF Bla Bla

Hi Punter,

Thanks for your reply. . . .

I've already contacted Giltrap Toyota who reckon they've got none in NZ, early OR late series. . .

I was also referred to a wrecker in Auckland, Spartan 4 Toyota, who checked the FXGT's in his yard . . . and none of them had sunroofs.

Do you know any other wrecker that breaks FXGTs in NZ??

Apart from that I've emailed a Toyota dealer in California. . . you never know, the US is a f__king huge market, probably a better chance of the parts still being in stock there than in Japan. . . .

Regards

GeeEss
GeeEss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Corolla and Matrix Forum > Archived Corolla threads