Toyota Nation Forum banner

AE92 FXGT Sunroof cables

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GeeEss 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum so here goes. . .

I recently bought a 1988 AE92 FXGT. This model was never officially imported into Australia.
I need new sunroof cables but they are no longer available for the early (87-89) series. I can only get later series (90-92) cables new from Toyota. They have to be made to special order, cost AUD$175 EA and will take 1 month to make / freight back to Sydney.

The main issue is this, will the later 90-92 cable assembly fit on the earlier runners? Toyota can't tell me if they will & if they dont I'm in deep ....trouble.

My other option is to try & get later series (90-92) 2nd hand runners. I have been advised by a main JDM parts Toyota dealer here that only RHS runners are now available (to special order) . . . . which, if I need to update the runners, is no good to me at all.

What are my chances of;

1. A USA Toyota dealer still holding, in order of preference;
I. Early series sunroof cable assemblies in stock
II. Later series sunroof cables AND runners in stock?

2. USA Corolla wrecker/dismantler having 1990-92 FXGT +Sunroof in stock that I can get runners from . . . . and can someone give me name/ phone number/ email/ website details for such a business?

Can anyone help? This has been really frustrating for me. Ive placed an order for TRD parts on hold because. . . if I can't even have a working Sunroof, I think I'll just ditch the car

Regards

GeeEss

See less See more
#2 ·
Are you on twincam.org or what ever it is?

I pretty sure Mr Revhead is still on there, he works for toyota NZ and will most likley be able to hook you up with what ever you need. NZ gets a very large range of toyota parts.

#3 ·
FXGT SUNROOF Bla Bla

Hi Punter,

Thanks for your reply. . . .

I've already contacted Giltrap Toyota who reckon they've got none in NZ, early OR late series. . .

I was also referred to a wrecker in Auckland, Spartan 4 Toyota, who checked the FXGT's in his yard . . . and none of them had sunroofs.

Do you know any other wrecker that breaks FXGTs in NZ??

Apart from that I've emailed a Toyota dealer in California. . . you never know, the US is a f__king huge market, probably a better chance of the parts still being in stock there than in Japan. . . .

Regards

GeeEss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.