M

Reaction score

Marketplace Rating
(0.0 - 0 reviews)

Profile posts Latest activity Discussions Buy & Sell Reviews About

• · Registered
    689 Posts
    Hey Mr. Giggles!

Remember that socket that I had stuck in my spark plug tube? Well today, after 2 whole months, I finally got the thing out! :)

Anyway, just wanted to thank you for all posts you make on these forums. You're definitely one of the best posters on TN!

· Registered
    689 Posts
    Hello!

Not sure if remember me, but a while back you had recommended that I do a block test to see if I had a blown head gasket. Basically at the time, I had a lot of bubbling in my coolant reservoir, and the engine would always overheat.

I'm at the point now where, while I thought I had passed the block test, I figured I might as well preemptively change the head gasket, since I had so many symptoms of blown gasket.

I am really a bit of a noob at this, so my apologies if the following is a really easy question, but if I am going to be doing all these things, what should I try to tackle first? Should I change my timing belt before I take off my cylinder head?

Also there's a minor caveat: I have a socket stuck in one of the cylinders because I took off my spark plugs wrong. I still haven't been able to get the freaking thing out. Will that give me problems in any of the things I'm trying to fix?

Thanks in advance for everything!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…