Removed Mountain Stickers
Truxedo Lo Pro QT Tonneau
Weathertech Floormats
Color matched Grille
FJ Cruiser Anthracite SE Wheels
265/75/16 Goodyear DuraTrac's
DIY Washable Cabin Air Filter
Grom USB interface
Sockmonkey TRD Off Road Sticker (removed)
Ebay BHLM (Removed)
Osram Night Breakers Headlight bulbs
Yellow Lamin-x fogs
Illuminated 4WD switch
LED Map and Dome lights
DTRL w/on off switch (green wire red stripe) mod
Future Upgrades
Lift
Diff Breather
Leer 100XR (contact me if your is for sale!!!)
Ect.........
Brand New

Mountain Sticker

Slowly I started making changes

265/75/16 Goodyear DuraTracs

Color Matched Grille

I debadged the doors and finally removed front mud flaps. I also added the TRD Off Road decal from Sockmonkey.

Shot of ipod track being shown on radio.

Laminx applied....

Ebay BHLM

See less See more
#9 ·
Rear bumper will be down the line. Unless I can find an owner with a sport looking to trade. I wanna stay away from the base model rear bumper.

Good choice on the weathertechs! How do you like those Duratracs?

Truck looks good!
Weathertechs are worth every penny. The Duratracs have been great. Sooo much better than the stock rugged trails.
Thank you.
Looking good man! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

You have come a long way!
Thanks I will be looking to do the 5100's at some point. Avid light bar too. :thumbsup:

#12 · (Edited)
My whole order was around $100 bucks. The last time I ordered from them was in 2002...so a little goes a long way. I just finished with round one. I will post up some pics once I am done.

It is a better shine than Meguires IMO (I have Meguires on in my sig). I have not used the others. I can say that the durability is fantastic on such a dark vehicle. It is a long process to get it all done but worth it to me.

#13 ·
I've been using Poorboy's for polish and am very happy. Zaino will give you equal results for polishing...just make sure that in that package you have a pad and polish with enough cut to get the deep stuff out (even if it is just for spot treatment). For a long-lasting synthetic sealant Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant is my favorite (Klasse, etc. doesn't come close in my book). Of course, for the deepest gloss a carnuba wax like P21S cannot be beat.

Sorry if I'm preaching to the choir...not sure on your experiences and expertise in this arena.

#14 · (Edited)
I'm right with you. :D Zaino is my favorite so far. However, I am not some militant follower. I will have to try the Wolfgangs in the future. I have put CS over Carnuba Wax with great results. It is amazing the difference between synthetic and carnuba polishs, waxes and sealants.

#15 ·
Awesome. Enjoy looking at your truck this weekend. We're going to do the same thing to our 4Runner sometime in the next couple days...except it is a lighter color so it doesn't look nearly as good as our dark trucks do once they are cleaned up properly. :D

#22 · (Edited)
It's old and a bit rusty and needs a gasket for on the float bowl. (I will completely rebuild the carb this winter.) Anyway, it does use a bit of oil but doesn't smoke and starts on the first try every time and cuts great. I plan on restoring the whole thing and selling for a profit. :naughty:

#25 · (Edited)
It's old and a bit rusty and needs a gasket for on the float bowl. (I will completely rebuild the carb this winter.) Anyway, it does use a bit of oil but doesn't smoke and starts on the first try every time and cuts great. I plan on restoring the whole thing and selling for a profit. :naughty:
That would be cool. I wish I was more mechanically inclined than I am. Everything I am able to do I have learned from lots of reading and trial and error! :lol:

the rugged trails are 265/70/16
30.6 inches of pure FAIL!!! :lol: I hated my Rugged Fails! I think mine had less than 20k on them when they went to the recylcer! The straw that broke the camel's back was getting stuck on pavement in less than an inch of snow!!! Worst tire I have ever owned! :rant:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.