Celica St162 - 3sge Turbo???? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Celica Forum Forum for all Toyota Celica discussion! Including the ST16x/18x/20x, and ZZT230/231.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-23-2003, 09:48 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Celica - 3sge Turbo????

Hey,

Could somone tell me whats involved to Turbo my 3sge engine ST162?, i know about the 3sgte conversion but would rather turbo the 3sge. What is the difference between the 3sge and 3sgte?.

Also could somone tell me where i could get info on a 3sge turbo setup?.

StephenT

Last edited by smt_007; 10-29-2003 at 09:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 10-24-2003, 08:08 AM
Official TN Member

only difference between the 3sge n the 3sgte is the T, thats the turbo, the bore is the same, heads the same, everything, only difference is the turbo n turbo accessories. for general info on turbo's n setting up turbo on your car try www.homemadeturbo.com , its mostly honda based but all in all good info

also get in touch with a user named allblackalltrac, he is selling a turbo kit for any celica, it will most definately fit your car as it is off of a 3sgte and made to fit on the 3sge, you can pm him or try and get in touch with him via e-mail at i believe allbalackalltrac@aol.com

It's tough walking that line between "show" and "go" - one slip and your balls get hammered against the balance beam!
Currently driving:
91' celica GTS, 2-12' rockford punch subs, pioneer components and head unit, full magnaflow cat-back exhaust system. waiting for the money to drop in a 3s-gte

Last edited by 5thgenGTS; 10-24-2003 at 08:10 AM.
#3 Old 10-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Official TN Member

I stand corrected

Last edited by Lachean; 10-29-2003 at 11:10 PM.
#4 Old 10-28-2003, 10:23 PM
^

Quote:
Originally posted by Lachean
The T isnt the only difference, the 3S-GE is a 2.2 liter instead of a 2 liter, there are many differences, trust me, buying a 3S-GTE and swapping will be much easier and less costly or stressing than trying to Turbo a 3S-GE.... check out the MR2OC forums for more details

Not quite man. 3SGE is 2.0L, its the same basic block but the 3SGTE has a lot of hardcore mods. Lower compression, piston coolers, etc. I wouldn't say its easier to swap the motor, but if you're looking for more than 200whp or 0.5BAR then it would be much more reliable and probably cheaper in the long run. To turbo the 3SGE you'd want to get some parts off the 3SGTE, those being, MAP sensor, turbo, downpipe, manifold, injectors (or 7MGE injectors), 7MGE fuel pump, 3SGTE oil pan and lines. I know the 5SFE ECU is able handle some boost with the 2BAR MAP sensor from the 3SGTE, not sure how the 3SGE ECU would like it.

#5 Old 10-29-2003, 01:31 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Deep
Not quite man. 3SGE is 2.0L, its the same basic block but the 3SGTE has a lot of hardcore mods. Lower compression, piston coolers, etc. I wouldn't say its easier to swap the motor, but if you're looking for more than 200whp or 0.5BAR then it would be much more reliable and probably cheaper in the long run. To turbo the 3SGE you'd want to get some parts off the 3SGTE, those being, MAP sensor, turbo, downpipe, manifold, injectors (or 7MGE injectors), 7MGE fuel pump, 3SGTE oil pan and lines. I know the 5SFE ECU is able handle some boost with the 2BAR MAP sensor from the 3SGTE, not sure how the 3SGE ECU would like it.
damn rite dude, i hate ppl who dont know what their talking about (i.e the 3sge being 2.2L WTF!!!!)

It's tough walking that line between "show" and "go" - one slip and your balls get hammered against the balance beam!
Currently driving:
91' celica GTS, 2-12' rockford punch subs, pioneer components and head unit, full magnaflow cat-back exhaust system. waiting for the money to drop in a 3s-gte
#6 Old 10-29-2003, 03:26 PM
Official TN Member

#7 Old 10-29-2003, 09:41 PM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
Hey guys thanx for the info,

- I am very certain the 3sge was only ever made in the 2.0L version.

This is where im getting my info from:

http://www.turbocelica.8m.com/index.html

- rebuilt 3sge Turbo system with Turbonectic 60-1 T4 making 400hp@18psi to the wheels.

Does anyone know somone i can get in contact with that has a 3sge turbo motor, from what i see here it is possible, i have contacted the owner of that site but they havnt replied yet. Also quoted "Turbo system with stock 3SGE engine internal making 250hp@15psi to the wheels with stock Supra CT-26 turbocharger mounted on 3sgte All-trac turbo cast manifold".

If i go ahead with the build i will be rebuilding the motor with 3sgte internals, or i might get the the turbo and 3sgt turbo manifold and see how the engine copes.

stephenT

Last edited by smt_007; 10-29-2003 at 09:44 PM.
#8 Old 10-30-2003, 05:02 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Lachean
I stand corrected
sorry man, i didnt mean to be so rude and inconsiderate

Friends????

Currently driving:
#9 Old 10-30-2003, 07:15 PM
Official TN Member

(Thread Starter)
No worries man, that's the purpose of these forums, to Give and Gain Information.

StephenT
#10 Old 10-30-2003, 09:24 PM
^

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Celica Forum