92 celica fuel pressure regulator location? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums


» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Celica Forum

Celica Forum Forum for all Toyota Celica discussion! Including the ST16x/18x/20x, and ZZT230/231.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
92 celica fuel pressure regulator location?

hi guy, i have a 1992 toyota celica gt with the 2.2L motor. i need to know where is the fuel pressure regulator location? i keep looking and i cant find it. please help and thanks for your time....
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-30-2010, 10:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User
 
JIve13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Naples, Florida
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View JIve13's Photo Gallery
It's at the end of the fuel rail.
JIve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Senior TN Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,803
Gameroom cash: $486405
Thanks: 9
Thanked 309 Times in 292 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 93celicaconv's Photo Gallery
Which would be the passenger side. Hard to see, tucked in under the top of the intake manifold (but on top of the intake runners), out on the passenger end of the fuel rail.
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 12:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
i found it, what a pain in the ass to get too. it seems like it just 2 bolts. thanks alot guy for the help.
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MS
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View harry78gourley's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaweirdo View Post
i found it, what a pain in the ass to get too. it seems like it just 2 bolts. thanks alot guy for the help.
BTW why did you need to find it?
harry78gourley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry78gourley View Post
BTW why did you need to find it?
i thought that it was the problem but the car wont start. i have spark, and i put a paper clip in the diag. base and i ran the fuel pump and it turned on. i thought it was the pressure regulator but i was wrong...:-) i know the fuel pump works but i could be old and working slow right? Please let me know what you guys think im lost...
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior TN Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,803
Gameroom cash: $486405
Thanks: 9
Thanked 309 Times in 292 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 93celicaconv's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by celicaweirdo View Post
i thought that it was the problem but the car wont start. i have spark, and i put a paper clip in the diag. base and i ran the fuel pump and it turned on. i thought it was the pressure regulator but i was wrong...:-) i know the fuel pump works but i could be old and working slow right? Please let me know what you guys think im lost...
I most cases, if the engine runs when the +B & FP terminals are jumpered in the DLC (diagnostic link connector, which is what I think you did), the problem is most likely with the circuit opening relay. This relay is mounted on a bracket on your ECU. If you can get your hands on a spare, plug a differnt one in and see if it works. If it does, you solved your problem. If not, you likely have a wiring problem in the circuit to or from the circuit opening relay.
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
I most cases, if the engine runs when the +B & FP terminals are jumpered in the DLC (diagnostic link connector, which is what I think you did), the problem is most likely with the circuit opening relay. This relay is mounted on a bracket on your ECU. If you can get your hands on a spare, plug a differnt one in and see if it works. If it does, you solved your problem. If not, you likely have a wiring problem in the circuit to or from the circuit opening relay.

sweet i will try it in the morning and i will let you know...thanks a ton
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #9 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
I most cases, if the engine runs when the +B & FP terminals are jumpered in the DLC (diagnostic link connector, which is what I think you did), the problem is most likely with the circuit opening relay. This relay is mounted on a bracket on your ECU. If you can get your hands on a spare, plug a differnt one in and see if it works. If it does, you solved your problem. If not, you likely have a wiring problem in the circuit to or from the circuit opening relay.
i tryed it but it did not start the car. all it does is crank over. i have no idea whats wrong. let me know for many more ideas.
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior TN Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,803
Gameroom cash: $486405
Thanks: 9
Thanked 309 Times in 292 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 93celicaconv's Photo Gallery
I would remove the large hose that attaches to your throttle body, open up the throttle plate, and spray some fuel into the intake manifold. Put the large hose back on the throttle body, then try starting it. Does it start or try to start this way?

If it does start and run for a second or two, then something is not letting your fuel injectors operate.

If it doesn't try to start at all, then I would check your cylinder compression pressure on each cylinder, and/or check your timing on your timing belt (crankshaft to camshaft). Because you have spark, we know the camshafts are rotating, but we don't know if the timing belt jumped a few teeth and lost its timing.

How many miles has it been since the timing belt was last changed?
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93celicaconv For This Useful Post:
celicaweirdo (08-11-2010)
Old 08-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: chattanooga, tennessee
Posts: 23
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 5sfeCelica's Photo Gallery
Hey guys, how would i go about installing a fuel pressure regulator? like an after market one on a 5sfe 92 celica
5sfeCelica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
I would remove the large hose that attaches to your throttle body, open up the throttle plate, and spray some fuel into the intake manifold. Put the large hose back on the throttle body, then try starting it. Does it start or try to start this way?

If it does start and run for a second or two, then something is not letting your fuel injectors operate.

If it doesn't try to start at all, then I would check your cylinder compression pressure on each cylinder, and/or check your timing on your timing belt (crankshaft to camshaft). Because you have spark, we know the camshafts are rotating, but we don't know if the timing belt jumped a few teeth and lost its timing.

How many miles has it been since the timing belt was last changed?
i found out what it was. It was the distributor. i had spark but not all the cylinders. i changed it and started right up. Thanks alot for you help guys.
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 08:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Senior TN Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 2,803
Gameroom cash: $486405
Thanks: 9
Thanked 309 Times in 292 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View 93celicaconv's Photo Gallery
Good job in finding the problem and getting it fixed.

When someone tells me they have spark (like you did), my interpretation of that is all spark plugs were checked on all spark plug wires, and there was spark on all of them. This isn't what you meant. That throws us off in trying to help a bit. But I'm glad you fixed it.
93celicaconv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
New TN User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: new jersey
Posts: 10
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View celicaweirdo's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93celicaconv View Post
Good job in finding the problem and getting it fixed.

When someone tells me they have spark (like you did), my interpretation of that is all spark plugs were checked on all spark plug wires, and there was spark on all of them. This isn't what you meant. That throws us off in trying to help a bit. But I'm glad you fixed it.
yeah, sorry about that. im still learning i guess....
celicaweirdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Celica Forum

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.
ToyotaNation.com is an independent Toyota/Lexus enthusiast website. ToyotaNation.com is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc. The Toyota, Lexus and Scion names and logos are trademarks owned by Toyota Motor Sales, USA, Inc.