Replacement Suspension Bushings - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Celica Forum Forum for all Toyota Celica discussion! Including the ST16x/18x/20x, and ZZT230/231.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Replacement Suspension Bushings

I'm in the process of getting my gf's ST184 celica ('91 coupe GT, 5SFE, manual, light blue) ready for commuting duty, and have come to the suspension as the next trouble-spot. About 2 years ago I replaced the steering rack and tie rods, and have adjusted the wheel bearings last year, but it feels like there is still a lot of slop. Going over rough roads produces a bit of metal-on-metal clanking too, so I wanted to replace the inner control arm bushings in the front and all the bushings I can find in the rear, as well as the strut top seats/mounts. Hopefully we'll be able to get a lot more life out of this car, as its only at 125k miles, and rust hasn't set in too severely.

Anyhow, the only source I've been able to find for new control arm and rear suspension bushings is whiteline/prothane (they seem to be two faces for the same company), but they're pretty pricey - does anyone know of other sources for replacement stock or aftermarket bushings?

Thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Celica Forum