mr2 turbo best rated suspension need some advice from everyone... - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
MR2 Forum Forum for every generation Toyota MR2. Including the AW11 and SW20.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 01-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
mr2 turbo best rated suspension need some advice from everyone...

Hi I need suspension to my 1993 mr2 turbo. I love to race once in a whille with my friends during the summer and I also need for basic regular day driving. I wish it could be adjustable for example during the winter I wish to adjut it to be nice and soft and during summer adjust it to be hard . Is coilovers ok? which one? please get me some webs. Please I need your advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 01-22-2008, 11:33 PM
TN's Hapa Haole

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Coilovers are prolly the best..and most expensive. Tokico, KYB, Blisten all make quality stuff. Just depends on how deep your pockets are and what you're gonna use them for. I'm using KYB 4 way adjustables. I like them fine,But would really love to go with coilovers.
Also,Street racing is not allowed to be discussed here.. Just a word to the wise.

Last edited by MR2Jedi; 01-23-2008 at 12:57 PM.
#3 Old 01-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Official TN Member

I think adjustable struts are your best bet. With a set of springs. There are three major adjustable brands that people go with. From what i hear Koni is by far the best strut for the mr2. The Tokico and KYB are a close second. I have the tokico 5-way adjustables and i love them. You can definetly feel the difference in the steering and handling with the different settings. Then i have eibach pro-kit for springs which seem to make a good combination to me.

#4 Old 02-25-2008, 02:40 PM
New TN User

I'm also looking into doing a suspension upgrade. Anybody else have some good combinations or opinions of what work well with the MKII?
#5 Old 02-25-2008, 06:19 PM
FRANK THE TANK LIVES!

Coilovers are the obvious best choice for adjustability, but are also the most expensive route. It sounds to me like you really don't "need" coilovers, since you're not doing any serious track racing. And if you were I wouldn't suggest the coilovers, anyways to avoid being bumped up in class. But that's a different topic all together.

I have owned and raced on a few different setups, ranging from stiffer struts on stock springs, to full coilovers. In my opinion, the best bang for the buck is.......

Srtuts: Koni yellows
Springs: H&R or Eibach
then add a stiffer front sway bar.

Your 2 will handle like a dream on the track and be more than comfortable enough for bumpy downtown streets.

Good Luck!

"It's hard to drive at your limit, but it's harder to know where it is." -Sterling Moss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > MR2 Forum