94 lexus es 300 will not start. Please help - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
General Lexus Discussion Forum for all Lexus models: ES, IS, GS, SC, LS, RX, GX & LX.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 03-03-2008, 01:28 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
94 lexus es 300 will not start. Please help

Hi! On a 94 Lexus es300 engine runs very smoothly but dies suddenly. The car noe will crank over but will not start and there is no spark. I have checked all the fuses, timing belt and replaced cam shaft sensors and ignitor box. I also checked with the ODB scanner all PASS.

Please help.
Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 06-15-2008, 03:16 PM
New TN User

ignitor

I have the same going on with my car. its a 94 ES300 it won't start sometimes. when it does start the check engine light comes on. I took it to a shop to have it scan they told me it was the ignitor. I had that replace and it keeps going out. check your ignito again.

Last edited by Bambeta; 07-03-2008 at 04:35 AM.
#3 Old 09-01-2008, 05:14 AM
New TN User

1993 es300 here, exactly tha same problem, seemz lyk tha biggest mystery of all lexus', nobody knows anythang bout it.. i took myn 2 the mechanicz, thay had it for 4 weekz, n thought it waz tha igniter 2, but it waznt, thay changed it 4 timez, then thay figured it waz the air-flow meter, so thay replaced that assembly, and it worked fine for about a week, then the car went back to its old ways of cutting out suddenly & wat seems 2 b randomly aswel, and sometimes not starting, then i hav 2 wait a while then start it and itl work.. i dont know wat 2 do bout it, but i had 2 pay $800 wen i took it 2 tha mechanicz n thay werent evn lexus or toyota
#4 Old 09-01-2008, 06:50 PM
New TN User

I found the problem with my car it was the main power relay. I just went to the junk yard and got one. now I need a new EGR or the sensor for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Division and International Models Forums > Lexus Forum > General Lexus Discussion