Toyota Nation Forum banner

New Yaris?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BLKHILLSGUY 
#1 ·
I keep hearing from several media outlets that the next model Yaris will be a Mazda 2. I know Toyota is now making the Yaris is France and they updated the exterior and interior. I'm in a lease right now and will be out of the lease in July 2016. I'm already shopping around. I personally am interested in a new Yaris, but not interested in a Mazda made Yaris. Anyway, does anybody have any idea how long this current Yaris will be made before Mazda makes the new Yaris?I can't find anything on the Internet. Thanks!!

#2 ·
I've also read the same thing too and am curious how long this model Yaris will be available. My best guess is that the current model will be available for one more model year before Toyota decides to change it. But who knows.

The current Yaris is not a popular seller. Especially compared to a new Corolla which in my opinion is a better bang for the buck. (better financing offers, resale value, technology, etc.) Also, I don't like that Toyota switched production from Japan to France. I would much rather prefer a Japanese built over an European built Yaris. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Toyota moves all production of their vehicles to U.S. plants soon for better profit reasons.

I would be interested in a Yaris down the road but not if it becomes a Mazda variant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.