Disable Odometer - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
Yaris, Vitz and Echo Forum Discussion area for all the Toyota Yaris and Echo owners worldwide.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 10-28-2007, 05:26 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Disable Odometer

Plaese guidance me
May I disabling the traversal-recording odometer during time periods and then enable it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 11-07-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned

Ok after reading i think its obvious what your asking and i think i have a solution.... get a bat.... then smash your way into your yaris and dont stop smashing their, after ripping your way inside and pulling some stuffing out of your seats start smashing the console and ac controls with a bat, after you can see the yaris insides do the same to your neighbors car and then their neighbors etc... all the while ranting about how the aliens are monitoring everyone through use of the compressor. YOu will then be institutionalized and you will no longer have this problem
#3 Old 11-07-2007, 09:07 PM
One with the force

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimidi View Post
Plaese guidance me
May I disabling the traversal-recording odometer during time periods and then enable it?
why do you want to do this???

I know a way how to do it but I wont tell you now.... (since you're still a newbie and you haven't contribute anything else to this forum)

Custom CAI ll Borla Cat-Back Exhaust ll DIY Needle Colour ll
ll TRD Bodykit ll Sports Springs ll Chrome Grill ll GEN 4.5 HEADLIGHTS w/PROJECTORS ll
#4 Old 11-13-2007, 11:55 PM
Banned

Look for a cable running from the wheels.

Ok ready!?

Last summer I was driving my motorcycle, and all of a sudden I looked at my Speedometer and it was zero even though I was traveling at least 90 mph. For a few days I lived with no speedometer, but then I realized that my odometer was not going up either!!!! Incredible, so for a month or so I was stuck around 12000 miles, way to save money if i want to ever sell right?... only if I could fix it but I did not care. Then one day as I was walking to my motorcycle I noticed a cable dangling from my motorcycle and I was like WTF!!!? where does this go well after some inspecting and deducing and overall genius work by me (I am a chemical engineer afterall working on my masters right now... yea i know im great) I found a hole underneath the equivalent of a dashboard for the motorcycle where I could screw in the other end of this loose cable that ran from front wheel. Well I imagine theirs something similar to my 2008 Yaris.... yea i know great car.... that you can just unscrew.
#5 Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 AM
One with the force

^^^ I thought you would've used a bat on your motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by falnfenix View Post
that twatwaffle gives me headaches, so i tend to avoid him.
#6 Old 04-01-2008, 04:39 AM
Valvoline-Vixen

HAHAHAHA I did that once with my Corolla!!! Nice to know i'm not the only blond let loose inside car parts!
#7 Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Banned

There's a cable leading from the cabin to the transmission. You unplug that cable and it'll disable the speedometer and the odometer.

I know someone who did that with a leased vehicle and put it back when it came to returning it. It's illegal but I'm sure many are doing it. It's up to you if you want to commit a crime. Just remember that karma is a bitch so watch out next time you buy a used car ;-)
#8 Old 04-29-2008, 02:14 AM
New TN User

why do you want to do that???
#9 Old 04-29-2008, 06:24 PM
Official TN Member

Yeah, not only is it quite illegal, but most modern car computers know when the odometer has been tampered with. But hey, have at it!
#10 Old 04-29-2008, 08:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
Yeah, not only is it quite illegal, but most modern car computers know when the odometer has been tampered with. But hey, have at it!
Well, you can go to the dealer and complain that the speedometer isn't working. What they'll do is a mechanic will drive it and try to "replicate the problem". They'll tell you that it's working fine. However, that incident will be logged in your car's history.

Then you unplug the cable. The worst that will happen is that the "check engine" light will go on... which is very unlikely IMO. You can drive it for as long as you want then reconnect it later. If an issue ever comes up, just tell them you experienced problems with the speedometer earlier, reported it to the dealer and they did nothing about it.
#11 Old 04-29-2008, 10:01 PM
Official TN Member

"Logged in history" being the operative phrase. If you use that little trick and the dealer logs it (as they are required by law to do), it will show up on every used car history report. When you sell the car you'll have to check the box that says "Odometer Inaccuracy" or something along those lines on your title.
#12 Old 04-29-2008, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dake View Post
"Logged in history" being the operative phrase. If you use that little trick and the dealer logs it (as they are required by law to do), it will show up on every used car history report.
Nope, it will only be on the dealer's repair history log, not on the "car fax report" since the dealer wasn't able to replicate the problem. If they were able to replicate it, then your point would be valid.

If the car never had the problem that the dealer reports and shows on your carfax, the dealer is liable and you can sue them for damages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Passenger and Sports Car Forums > Yaris, Vitz and Echo Forum