Cannot remove Rear Sienna Seat - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
1st Generation (1998-2003) Discussion area for the first generation Toyota Sienna.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 06-13-2009, 12:26 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Cannot remove Rear Sienna Seat

One of the 3rd row seats in our 2000 Sienna was incorrectly put in place so that one of the front latches is in place and one is latched in placed ABOVE where it should be (not around the metal bar).
The seat is stuck at a slight angle and the other 3rd row seat is not in place.

Now, the remove bar does work to disengage the mechanism and the seat is effectively stuck in place - with one front latch in place and one not.
Other people with similar problems were referred to some red tabs near the rear on the seat. I do not see any red tabs in these 2000 Sienna seats.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-02-2010, 02:16 PM
New TN User

With the remove bar pulled and the seat collapsed forward. try forcing the seat back to its normal engage position and see if the other latch will release. The latches can be straightened if you bend them.
#3 Old 12-20-2011, 03:25 PM
New TN User

USA rear third row seat cannot remove

On my 2002 I have had problem not being able to remove both third row rear seats. So slightly different, but maybe this will work for you.

At each of the forward seat floor latches, there is a rotation locking catch. This catch prevents the seat from disengaging from the floor.

This can be disengaged by hand. This is a two person operation.One person at front to disengage it and a second to remove seat from rear.

I did figure out why I could not remove the seat: I took off the two plastic cosmetic latch covers, each held on by four screws.

When you push the red latch you can see how it actuates the cables. This rotates a bracket with a post (at the LH and RH latch). The top of the post was riding under a second bracket which pull the front unlocking cable. If this post were a couple mm talller this would have not happened. This forces up the second bracket and actually bends it such that the front latch does not unlock. Using a hammer and a screw driver I gently tapped the tab on second bracket back down to where it needed to be for the post to catch it.

Just a slight bit of displacement of the mechanism caused this issue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 1st Generation (1998-2003)