2001 Sienna Bumper Repair... need some help - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 1st Generation (1998-2003)

1st Generation (1998-2003) Discussion area for the first generation Toyota Sienna.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View TheRooster1968's Photo Gallery
2001 Sienna Bumper Repair... need some help

Hi all,

I have a little dent in my front bumper and was planning on taking it off, and trying to bang it out but I'm having some troubles removing the bumper cover. I have detached all screws and bolts except for the ones that are located directly under the grille, so I thought I needed to remove the grille as well, and I have popped the pins on the top of the grille (cowl pins?) but there's something else holding this inplace... since I have already broken a few of the pins, I'm nervous about breaking the grille. Does anyone have any good instructions on how to remove the front bumper cover (possibly the grille too).

Here's a photo of the damage and work in progress...

woops... where'd the picture go?
Trying again...

Last edited by TheRooster1968; 04-11-2010 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add photo
TheRooster1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 01:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View Hawaiiage's Photo Gallery
There are three snap connects holding the grille in place (one in the middle as about 8" away from the middle on each side) as well as one on each end (left and right sides). I used a small flat head screwdriver to push on the connectors to loosen them.

It also helps if you remove the corner lights to access the end connectors. Remove the screw at the top and gently pull the light forward.

To push out the bumper cover, remove it from the van and use your knee to push it back out. I just did this yesterday. Luckily it appears that you don't have much damage.
Hawaiiage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 1st Generation (1998-2003)