2001 Sienna Bumper Repair... need some help - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
1st Generation (1998-2003) Discussion area for the first generation Toyota Sienna.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 04-11-2010, 12:13 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2001 Sienna Bumper Repair... need some help

Hi all,

I have a little dent in my front bumper and was planning on taking it off, and trying to bang it out but I'm having some troubles removing the bumper cover. I have detached all screws and bolts except for the ones that are located directly under the grille, so I thought I needed to remove the grille as well, and I have popped the pins on the top of the grille (cowl pins?) but there's something else holding this inplace... since I have already broken a few of the pins, I'm nervous about breaking the grille. Does anyone have any good instructions on how to remove the front bumper cover (possibly the grille too).

Here's a photo of the damage and work in progress...

woops... where'd the picture go?
Trying again...

Last edited by TheRooster1968; 04-11-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: add photo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 AM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
There are three snap connects holding the grille in place (one in the middle as about 8" away from the middle on each side) as well as one on each end (left and right sides). I used a small flat head screwdriver to push on the connectors to loosen them.

It also helps if you remove the corner lights to access the end connectors. Remove the screw at the top and gently pull the light forward.

To push out the bumper cover, remove it from the van and use your knee to push it back out. I just did this yesterday. Luckily it appears that you don't have much damage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 1st Generation (1998-2003)