Lost key/ need replacement. - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums
2nd Generation (2004-2010) Discussion area for the second generation Toyota Sienna.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 Old 08-28-2007, 06:09 PM
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
Lost key/ need replacement.

I have a 2005 Sienna XLE AWD. I lost my set of keys including keyless remote. I have replaced the keyless remote but is there a less expensive way to get around getting a replacement key other than going to the dealership? I do have one key left and it has a little tag that has 4 digits posted. The keys have a black top and I guess have some type of chip inside. I went to Home Depot and had a metal key made. It fits in the ignition, turns, but won't start the car.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by segetzler; 08-28-2007 at 06:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 Old 08-30-2007, 12:30 AM
TN Post Wh*re

The keys have a chip inside as such making a dublicate key at HD will not work on the ignition.

This topic has come up before, suggest doing a TN history search. There appears to be a few internet vendors that will make duplicate keys but don't have this info. Might call a few locksmiths but doubt they are setup to program the keys.

Have you called the dealer and checked costs, prices appear to range from very high to OK. Also might try the Sienna club for suggestions, do a Google search to find it.
#3 Old 08-30-2007, 07:57 PM
rwd_3tc

you have no choice but to reprogram your keys at a local dealership. thats what you call an anti theft device.

1981 Toyota Corolla TE71
1990 Toyota Previa
#4 Old 11-10-2008, 10:47 PM
New TN User

If you live in Broklyn N.Y, you can go to the lock smith guy, in the lobby at DMV, in Coney Island. I think is $35.00 or $55.00 make and progam.
#5 Old 11-13-2008, 03:43 PM
Official TN Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwd_3tc View Post
you have no choice but to reprogram your keys at a local dealership. thats what you call an anti theft device.
Not quite true in all cases...... I was able to find a key on Ebay and have it cut and programmed by a local locksmith for about $50 total, of course YMMV.... Even the Locksmith said I got off cheap. He normally gets $50 for the blank chipped key alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 2nd Generation (2004-2010)