2005 Sienna Rear Wiper Replacement!! - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 2nd Generation (2004-2010)

2nd Generation (2004-2010) Discussion area for the second generation Toyota Sienna.

ToyotaNation.com is the premier Toyota Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
New TN User

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
View kjjb0204's Photo Gallery
2005 Sienna Rear Wiper Replacement!!

Why can't I find any auto parts stores that carry replacement wipers for the rear window of my 2005 Sienna? It's so bad I can't see a thing!
kjjb0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View jeff618's Photo Gallery
Thumbs up 2004-Mid 2005 Toyota Sienna Special Rear Wiper Blade

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjjb0204 View Post
Why can't I find any auto parts stores that carry replacement wipers for the rear window of my 2005 Sienna? It's so bad I can't see a thing!
I'm assuming that you have a "Early Production" 2005 Toyota Sienna that has the special rear wiper arm and takes the special rear wiper blade. Here you go: Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade 14-A. Easy install - comes with replacement and removal instructions.

Basically all 2004's have the special rear wiper. For 2005's, if you have a rear wiper that looks like one piece, you have the early production and you'll need the special blade. If your rear wiper looks fairly normal, then you have a late production and simply need a fairly standard 16".

Last edited by jeff618; 06-02-2010 at 08:54 AM. Reason: corrected link
jeff618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View racerd's Photo Gallery
When I've not been able to find precise fits, but needed a replacement, I've just gotten the rubber insert and cut it to size. Just voicing an alternative to the whole plastic arm/blade replacement, since all you really need is the blade.
Old 06-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Arrow Wiper Refill Inserts Vs. Wiper Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerd View Post
When I've not been able to find precise fits, but needed a replacement, I've just gotten the rubber insert and cut it to size. Just voicing an alternative to the whole plastic arm/blade replacement, since all you really need is the blade.
Yes - you can definitely go with wiper blade refill inserts, just need a little more mechanical ability and patience. I go with complete wiper blade replacement because our Wisconsin Winters are brutal on wipers as well as the wiper frames. I figure replacing the whole assembly - albiet a little more expensive - is just good insurance. Better safe than sorry.

Either way - make sure you lookup the correct refill or wiper blade part numbers for the brand you go with because they are not created equally!!

Old 06-06-2010, 10:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
New TN User

View kjjb0204's Photo Gallery
Yeah, thanks for digging up a two year old thread. Haven't had that POS Sienna since about a month after my original post. I'll never buy another Toyota. I knew when I bought it I made a mistake.
kjjb0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
New TN User

View siennaman2004's Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff618 View Post
I'm assuming that you have a "Early Production" 2005 Toyota Sienna that has the special rear wiper arm and takes the special rear wiper blade. Here you go: Trico Exact Fit Rear Integral Blade 14-A. Easy install - comes with replacement and removal instructions.

Basically all 2004's have the special rear wiper. For 2005's, if you have a rear wiper that looks like one piece, you have the early production and you'll need the special blade. If your rear wiper looks fairly normal, then you have a late production and simply need a fairly standard 16".

Well, it did help me out with my 2004
Old 06-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #7 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by siennaman2004 View Post
Well, it did help me out with my 2004
Cool - that was the intention. AND, you probably got it done without bumps and bruises on your forehead from banging your head on the wall!! LOL

Old 06-09-2010, 01:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
New TN User

View bcwang's Photo Gallery
Anyone know if it's possible to convert the 2004 style wipers to the 2006 style wipers so there are more blade choices?
bcwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:50 AM   #9 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcwang View Post
Anyone know if it's possible to convert the 2004 style wipers to the 2006 style wipers so there are more blade choices?
I don't know personally but would guess the entire arm can be swapped out with the newer, more standard arm. I'm guessing the convenience of having blade options will not off-set the cost of the arm and possibly labor to swap it. I will say that once you find where to get the special rear blade (link above) for the special rear arm, it works fine and installs easy. Found an install video.

Old 06-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
New TN User

View bcwang's Photo Gallery
I do see a wiper arm part for the rear lift gate for $32 for the 2005-2010 style, I wonder if that's all that will be needed. If the trico blade performs well, it won't be necessary. But if it sucks and you can replace it with any aftermarket blade, for $32 it's not bad. I'm not sure if every other part is the same though, such that you can simply swap arms. Hopefully that is the case.
bcwang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
Official TN Member

View Act162this's Photo Gallery
^^ that video makes it look even easier than replacing the front blades... even if it's a bit more $$$, probably less headache than trying to cut refills and the metal support pieces to stuff them into the OEM blade.
Act162this is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:54 AM   #12 (permalink)
Official TN Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act162this View Post
^^ that video makes it look even easier than replacing the front blades... even if it's a bit more $$$, probably less headache than trying to cut refills and the metal support pieces to stuff them into the OEM blade.
AMEN!! The only thing lower than my level of mechanical skill, is my patience level...in other words, no refill inserts for this guy...the assembly is much easier.
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > 2nd Generation (2004-2010)