2006 Previa air con drain location? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Sienna 2nd Generation (2004-2010) Discussion area for the second generation Toyota Sienna.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-17-2017, 12:14 AM Thread Starter
New TN User

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
(Thread Starter)
2006 Previa air con drain location?

Hi, I'm new here, from New Zealand.

We have what is essentially a Sienna I think, but with slightly different lights, panels.

Over here its called a Toyota Previa, or Aeras if imported from Japan.

Mine is the 2.4 petrol 4 cylinder auto. Also come as a 3.5V6.

Anyway hoping you can help, the air conditioning stinks when not in use,and just the fan is on.

I've been told to check the drain for the air con to see if it is plugged with debris, but where is this drain located?
Also someone suggested washing the "condenser" if that makes sense, not sure where that is either.

Does anyone have a link for manuals for these vehicles? Hoping to get this issue sorted,it is rather smelly. Not like a coolant smell. Have been told to spray inside vents etc with an antibacterial spray, will be doing that this weekend.

Many thanks for any replies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Official TN Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Getting to the evaporator (which is what you need, not the condenser which is in the engine bay in front of the radiator) is going to be difficult as it's buried in the dash. I believe it's in the center of the dashboard in the radio stack, near the bottom. If it is, that's where your drain is going to be, on the underside of the car or in the rear of the engine bay. The easiest way to find the drain is to run the AC for a bit and park on concrete; where the water drips out is the drain. And, if you see water then the drain is probably not fully backed up.

As for manuals, there used to be a link to some factory manuals a long time ago but it's been dead for years now. If you register on the US part supplier autozone.com you can get access to some repair manuals, but I haven't looked to see if they have any Sienna manuals but I suspect they would.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums > Toyota Truck, SUV and Van Forums > Sienna Forum > Sienna 2nd Generation (2004-2010)