Toyota Nation Forum banner

2011 Sienna Door Grinding Sound

5K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  vinha916 
#1 ·
Hello all,

My wife and I have decided to get a Sienna to shuttle our little one around. This would be our 3rd Toyota, we love them for the reliability. The dealer (not a Toyota dealer in this case) was kind enough to let us have a 2011 Sienna for a two day test drive. Overall the vehicle is great, but we have noticed a sound coming from the passenger sliding door. I've recorded a video:

The sound appears to come from the rollers along the bottom trench of the door. It is normally louder than it appears in the video, but sometimes it doesn't make the sound at all. Before buying the vehicle, I would like to diagnose what it is so I can either ask the dealer to fix it or pass.

I have looked around for people having this problem, and I've found some door issues, but it has so far been unclear if they are experiencing the same problems. Hopefully the video will help clear up what it is, but I personally have no idea so far.

Hopefully it's just apply grease or an easy fix such as that. Thanks everyone in advance. :)

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
vinha916,

Thanks for the reply. I tried lubricating the rollers with silicon spray lubricant, but that doesn't seem to have helped the problem. Also, there didn't appear to be anything obstructing the rail except some waxing lubricant type stuff (it was clean). We did end up getting a pretty good deal on the van and buying it anyway though. Other than this one issue it was tip-top. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite us. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.