Toyota Nation Forum banner

Chrome Window Trim Delete Kit in the Works

19K views 58 replies 22 participants last post by  14camrySE 
#1 · (Edited)
Chrome Window Trim Delete Kit and A Lot More in the Works

I found a company that is willing to make a chrome window trim delete kit for our cars that's precut and easy for the end user to install.

They would need your car on the first day for about 20 minutes to make the template. Then would need your car on a 2nd day to install and make a video of the installation to help others do it from home.

For this you would get a free kit and free installation.

I'm hoping we can find someone in the Riverside area with a 2012-2014 Camry willing to help out. I'm north of LA County so it's a bit of a drive for me.

They also do roof wraps and more so maybe you could get a roof wrap while you're there too.

Here's a link to the site where they have a kit and install video for the Subaru WRX. Our kit would be just like this one.

http://www.premiumautostyling.com/window-trim-chrome-delete-black-out-kit-for-wrx-sti-sedans/

So who's here to help out?

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
I know ebay vendors sell those pre-cut black mirror shiny sail panels
but I did the plastic dip method... because it's easy to remove if ya change yer mind.
and should be mentioned... is dirt cheap to do ;)

before...

after... (yeah... pd'd the crappy wheel covers to boot) :eek::

don't forget that the door(s) (center) pillar needs be blacked out as well
or the exterior paint will show thru the crack between the door's sail panels.

'nother view... little bit closer...

btw... the PD seems to match up fairly well with the mirror pillar's black plastic.

#18 ·
^^ looks nice but do you think you might get pull over for that? i know there's no lights coming out of that unless you're in reverse but the cops wouldn't know. just my 2 cents.

#19 ·
I haven't seen the reverse lights at night but some vled's can brighten it up if needed.

I read the Vehical code for the turns and don't think it will be a problem. It states the turns need to be red or Amber. I put the hazards on and the color really didn't change much at all and is still Amber

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/detail/pubs/vctop/vc/d12/c2/a5/24953

#22 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.