Toyota Nation Forum banner

Sun shade

4K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  nsnqst 
#1 ·
What do you use for your Camry's sun shade? I'm in the market shopping for one, and I need to figure out whether the expensive ones that cost a few times the cheaper ones are worth the money. For instance, Heat Shield is $40:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sunshade-Without-Rearview-Heatshield-Custom-fit/dp/B00P80QQOQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1431224180&sr=1-2&keywords=camry+sun+shade[/ame]

Covercraft costs $10 more:

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Covercraft-UVS100-Shield-Windshield-Sunshade/dp/B007GMQG1W[/ame]

Obviously both are more expensive than the generic stuff you can buy in any store. Has anyone compared one of these with the generic shade?

#4 ·
Definitely go with covercraft. I love mine. They custom cut it to fit your car and model, and while it is thicker than most sun shades, it really does a fantastic job. It also has a felt back side so it doesn't damage your dashboard. It folds up nicely and they even toss in a bag so u can keep it from getting dinged up. Totally worth the price.

#5 ·
I vote for Covercraft. Have it in my 14.5 SE. It definitely keeps most of the heat out and makes the inside of the car cooler even on a hot day. I have black interior so I'll take all the help I can get. My wife's 03 Higlander has the one that comes from the dealer (looks like a heatshield). It's good enough (and cheaper) if you don't want to spend too much money.

#13 ·
I ended up getting Covercraft. It surprised me with its thickness -- I guess that's for all that insulation. It is well-made, and certainly a lot heftier than the cheap stuff from big box stores. It fits the Camry very well.

Putting it on takes a bit longer than the cheap stuff. You have to spread it out flat and then flip down the sun visors to hold it in place. It is also kind of bulky, so storing it when you're not using it can be a bit of a pain. Now, why didn't the manufacturer stitch in a velcro strap to tie it together? That's not too much to ask, is it?

#16 ·
^I have this too but it doesn't fit well. it looks nice on my car though as it looks like Lightning McQueen LOL

I have this instead. fits well and easy to install and store.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.