Toyota Nation Forum banner

Just purchased 2012 Camry SE

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  rgm1266 
#1 ·
On Saturday, I purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry SE (4cyl) w/36,000 miles. I love the car. I like the sports car feel and design. Very roomy and fun to drive.

Is there anything I need to be aware of or on the lookout for? Any advice? The only thing I miss, it doesn't have satellite!!

Thanks in advance.
Rob

#3 ·
You can add something like the XM Onyx Plus to get satellite or replace the head unit.

In a lot of ways, I like the XM Onyx Plus better than OEM satellite as it DVR's to always play songs from the beginning, but I'm not 100% convinced on the build quality yet (basically it's made by Directed/Audiovox).

#4 ·
Forget satellite! Get Spotify on your phone for $9.99/month (first month is free) and you can listen to whatever you want. There are thousands of pre-made playlists or you can create your own and download them so you don't have to use your data!
Check it out!

#8 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm not going to add a satellite radio. Not worth the money. Adding a backup camera Tuesday, getting windows tinted Friday and adding HIDs this week. I would like to add a Homelink mirror. Need to find one. Any recommendations on the mirror? I did a carfax check and called the dealer to see if the torque converter shudder software update had been done and it was done on Aug 2015. Driving it the other day I noticed at a low speed it felt like I was riding on a bumpy road. Only slightly noticeable. Did you have any issue with the torque converter shudder? Should I be concerned and schedule to take it to the dealer this week?
Thanks in advance.

This post has been deleted
#9 ·
I did a carfax check and called the dealer to see if the torque converter shudder software update had been done and it was done on Aug 2015. Driving it the other day I noticed at a low speed it felt like I was riding on a bumpy road. Only slightly noticeable. Did you have any issue with the torque converter shudder? Should I be concerned and schedule to take it to the dealer this week?
Thanks in advance.
I don't have a TC issue yet but most people have described the TC problem the way you have described. You will have to duplicate the problem and demonstrate it to the dealer before they replace the TC. Just keep an eye on it and wait until it gets worse or consistent.

#10 ·
I called the dealership and have an appointment to have them look at it next week. They saw I had the software update applied on 8/15. Explained to them the issue and the service mgr said it's under the powertrain warranty. Hopefully they'll replace it or fix the issue. I'll let you know what they said or do.

#14 ·
I added the backup camera. Ordered it off of amazon and got Best Buy to install it. I installed HIDs from Xenon and looks great. I'm thinking about installing high beam (running lights) HIDs. It's at the Toyota Dealership today getting the shudder issue checked. I also had the windows tinted too. In NC the darkest you can get is 35% unless you have the hookup to pass the car during inspections.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.